Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sometimes I wanna give up

probably goes back to the writer having a voice and being able to tell the story they want to hear?
    But this wily god never discloses even to the skillful questioner the whole content of his wisdom.

Comment

If it's any help Optimus, sometimes I want you to give up as well
      "Only nothing is impossible."
      - Grant Morrison

Comment

Do something much harder than writing. I played Dante's Inferno thinking that it would take me away from writing for a while. Then I finished the game in a week and a half. Then started listening to some music to take my mind off things. Bright idea came when I thought I could start playing music since I listen to it enough and it really takes my mind off writing. Bought a Fender. Learned a few chords. Boy, do I suck... but getting better. I realized it was really hard. If I stick with this, I could possibly sound better in about a year. F*ck! A year?!?

The ego boost came when I realized I've been writing much longer and know most of the tricks. Writing suddenly became easier. Better? Maybe. Certainly put the time into it. I guess what I'm getting at is, find something that you like doing knowing that you only do it because you like doing it. I've found that strumming is way harder than I thought but I'ma do it anyway.

Comment

Well, I gave it a few days and believe I've come up with TWO decent stories.

Go me.
          "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
            Well, I gave it a few days and believe I've come up with TWO decent stories.

Go me.
            Damn! I knew I wasn't focusing enough psychic energy on your giving up.
            "Only nothing is impossible."
            - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
              In the end there can be only one? hahaha
              ________
              SexualExtacy
              Last edited by Southern_land; 05-13-2011, 06:47 AM.
              I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                The Force is strong in this one.
                "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Yeah seriously, look at the bright side. Your ideas are being purchased. Just keep coming up with new ideas. Or at least implement them differently.

At least you're not making god-awful self-indulgent-research-paper-turned-screenplay garbage.
                  Screenplay Questions & Answers - http://screenplayqa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X