WATCHMEN -- the reviews are coming in -so far so good...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WATCHMEN -- the reviews are coming in -so far so good...

I am delighted to announce that the reviews coming in
    for WATCHMEN are warm and very encouraging...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/watchmen/

You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: WATCHMEN -- the reviews are coming in -so far so good...

Got my tix to the big premiere next Monday. Can't wait!

Martell -- will I be seeing your handlebar mustache on the red carpet?
    Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

Crikey, I didn't realise it was next Friday it's out.

Comment

Dear Mr. Zeus -- king of the gods -- The God of the Sky and Thunder...

Please tell me if the the opening of WATCHMEN will be OF consequential epoch-making historic box office bonanza ???????

I say the movie will take 80.2 million in 3 days!!!!
        You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
        Paul Harvey
        -
        -
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
          Dear Zeus,

Please tell me if the the opening will be historic?
          I say the movie will take 70 million in 3 days!!!!
          If 300 can make $70 million its opening weekend, WATCHMAN -- even with its mammoth runtime -- should be able to pull in at least $85 million.

Comment

No way it does better than 300's opening weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorntreect View Post
              I'll take action on that. But explain your thought process, please....

Comment

Hope it's better than the trailer.
                TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Got my tickets for Imax
                  I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Did the Wachowskis do second unit on this? Saw a lot of slo-mo.
                    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorntreect View Post
                      I have to agree there. 300 was the all time record for a March opening weekend. It had a totally unique, catchy visual style that drew in the crowds, and a simple macho sword and sandals formula that was easy to sell in a trailer. Watchmen on the other hand is a big sprawling epic that is pretty impossible to summarize in a 30 second spot and doesn't have the same adolescent appeal as 300.

I think it will come down to the fanboys and I have a feeling that Frank Miller fanboys outnumber Alan Moore fanboys. I think they're a good deal less discerning too, as evidenced by the fact that they like Frank Miller.

Comment

I think Watchmen will appeal to anyone who enjoys movies like TDK, Hancock or Wanted. And we all know, it wasn't just the fanboys who shelled out ticket money for those films. The fanboys will certainly help ticket sales - but fans of Snyder's films in general will also find this appealing. And as far as comics are concerned, I'd be inclined to say a lot of Frank Miller fans would also dig Alan Moore too. I know I do.

I think it will open strong. The viral marketing was clever and really helped lay out the basic premise in layman's terms. It's an anti-superhero, superhero movie. Very complex, with lots of undercurrents and sub-plots. But for anyone who's not aware of the comic, or its tainted history in development hell, it would certainly come across as fresh and interesting. Definitely worth checking out.

Harry talks about the reviews trickling in over at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40214
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

i usually take early reviews with a grain of salt, but these reviewers seem to be coming from pretty respected places.

fingers crossed.

i personally dont believe that snyder can pull it off, but we'll see.

Comment

The difference between Alan Moore fanboys and Frank Miller fanboys is that Moore fanboys are purists who are expecting/hoping this movie will tank and will be staying away on principle.
                            Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                              I think Watchmen will appeal to anyone who enjoys movies like TDK, Hancock or Wanted.
                              Both Hancock and Wanted had a smaller opening weekend gross than 300. I'm sure Watchmen will do fine but not on the level of 300's success. And yeah, the Miller/Moore thing was a silly low blow joke. But I do think 300 had an appeal well beyond comic fandom. Angelina Jolie and Will Smith are also much bigger box office draws than anyone in Watchmen. I don't know, it will be interesting to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X