Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exits and Promotions @ ICM

Could this be the start of the house of cards coming down?

https://deadline.com/2019/10/icm-mot...cy-1202754776/

I've seen this type of thing happen to companies when the going is rough. People depart, 3 big ones it seems recently, and then the promote people to fill space and improve a declining moral.

I don't know which this is, but it could be the start, no?

People who have left:
    Spencer Baumgarten -- Co-Head & Partner, Motion Picture
    Justin Dearborn -- COO
    Cindy Ballard -- Human Resources chief officer

The announcement makes it clear it was not on good terms, imo...

Dear Colleagues,

Spencer Baumgarten is no longer with the agency. We thank him for the contributions he made and wish him the best going forward.

ICM Partners

Anyone know the scoop?
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Exits and Promotions @ ICM

Heh, this is seemingly quite unrelated to the WGA stuff

https://deadline.com/2019/10/icm-par...on-1202755700/

“On or around August 15, 2019, defendant Ballard insinuated that Baumgarten had defecated on the bathroom floor of the New York office and interrogated Baumgarten about the defecation incident in the restroom,”

Comment

I just saw that on the internet and this is like bits on the Howard Stern show. If any agent or manager took a sh%t on the bathroom flloor -- that's my rep! Sign me up.

Comment

Wow, that's just batshit crazy.

Looks like they're going to court.
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I worked with someone who took a crap on the bathroom floor. Guess it's more common than I thought.

Comment

I worked with you!

Comment

The Big Two.

Comment

Never understood adults who sh1t in random places in the workplace. I've never had that desire. But you work in a white collar place and there's feces smeared in the wall? I barely know *anyone* who doesn't have stories about animalistic work sh1tters.

Comment

Looks to be lots of movement going on. I had 4 agents at the start of the stand-off. One has since joined another of the big 4 and one has become a manager. Hard to know if it’s all related. My UK agents reckon this impasse isn’t ending anytime soon either.

Comment

Lol. I too have dealt with a workplace sh!tter. Jack The Pooper he was called for he was never caught.

Morale was awful at this program I used to work on. Someone took a dump right in front of the water fountain (directly across from the 3rd level manager's office). They also found piss in the sink around the same time. Whoever that was he had major balls.

Back on topic - I assume the sooner this is done with the better it is for unrepped writers?

Comment

Working...
                    X