Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InkTip or Virtual Pitch Fest

Hello all my fellow writers,I have been hearing alot of things about InkTip. Is this site similar to VPF, or is this better? Just wondering which is the best route to go. I also would like to know about other sites that are similar, So I can do more research.

Thanks in advance,

Re: InkTip or Virtual Pitch Fest

With VPF you choose who to send your query letter to. With InkTip you have no control over who views your script info.

I've had a lot of success getting read requests from top companies through VPF. But the one time I tried InkTip I only got read requests from small companies I never heard of before.

On the downside, a single query from VPF costs between $7.50 to $10. But you're guaranteed a response within 5 business days. The one time I didn't get a response within that time frame they immediately reimbursed me.

But if you do go this route, it really helps to have a high concept commercial script, with a great logline and succinct query letter.

I would especially take time to develop your logline and make it as compelling as possible. Otherwise, you're just throwing money away.

And if you get a great logline and query letter, you'll probably have luck just querying companies on your own.

Either way,

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Gary Dragan Milin; 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Gary I will do just that.

Comment

Inktip is legit. You will get a lot of looks, meaning people looking at your logline. they call it "views". Especially when you first list it, or move to the top for obvious reasons.

The downside is that it looks to me that a lot of small agencies and production companies are viewing your loglines. I always google them or IMDB pro search.

I have a high concept, high budget family christmas comedy, so intip probably isn't for me. If I had an indie type drama or something, may be better fitting, lower budget, minimal locations, etc.

NOT that heavies don't look on inktip, but you have a better chance of getting views or inquiries through winning or placing in a major contest, than just being on inktip.

It's just another avenue to explore and part of your marketing. It helps get your script and title out there to be seen, and as they always say "it only takes one".

• Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
          Inktip is legit. You will get a lot of looks, meaning people looking at your logline. they call it "views". Especially when you first list it, or move to the top for obvious reasons.

The downside is that it looks to me that a lot of small agencies and production companies are viewing your loglines. I always google them or IMDB pro search.

I have a high concept, high budget family christmas comedy, so intip probably isn't for me. If I had an indie type drama or something, may be better fitting, lower budget, minimal locations, etc.

NOT that heavies don't look on inktip, but you have a better chance of getting views or inquiries through winning or placing in a major contest, than just being on inktip.

It's just another avenue to explore and part of your marketing. It helps get your script and title out there to be seen, and as they always say "it only takes one".

I stumbled upon this thread and had never checked out Virtual Pitchfest. Just signed up. What I like about it so far, is that it indicates what producers and reps are looking for, which helps pinpoint who to target for queries. Up to this point, I was relying on my own research by going to IMDB Pro. It also indicates the name of the contact (first name, last initial) so that it's much easier to figure out who to contact should you query on your own.

Regarding InkTip, I agree that it appears to be comprised mostly of Producers looking for lower budget opportunities. So if you have a high budget thriller, the odds are probably lower that you'll get any traction.

So, if anyone else happens to "stumble" on this thread, are there any success stories you can share about Virtual Pitchfest? At first glance, it looks excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
            I stumbled upon this thread and had never checked out Virtual Pitchfest. Just signed up. What I like about it so far, is that it indicates what producers and reps are looking for, which helps pinpoint who to target for queries. Up to this point, I was relying on my own research by going to IMDB Pro. It also indicates the name of the contact (first name, last initial) so that it's much easier to figure out who to contact should you query on your own.

Regarding InkTip, I agree that it appears to be comprised mostly of Producers looking for lower budget opportunities. So if you have a high budget thriller, the odds are probably lower that you'll get any traction.

So, if anyone else happens to "stumble" on this thread, are there any success stories you can share about Virtual Pitchfest? At first glance, it looks excellent.
            Just saw this thread, and since four years have gone by, wondering what your experience with VPF was like. I just discovered them, and I'm curious as to how things turned out.

Comment

VPF, by a mile

Comment

I've used VPF many times and it's hit or miss. They will reimburse you a pitch if the "pro" doesn't respond in 5 business days so that's a plus and also list updates when "pros" needs change. But I don't know if they check with the "pros" for this info or the "pros" notify them as I've pitched scripts and received a response that they aren't looking for that genre right now. So I'm out $10 for that pitch. They add new ones now and then and some of the ones who have been on the list disappear.

It's a crapshoot as everything else is in this biz! But still worth a try and just another way to get projects out there.

Comment

Rotten fish, or caviar?

Comment

This has been stated elsewhere, but having used both and respect and appreciate both for their own individual pro's, the absolute best piece of advice I can give anyone using VPF is to pitch agents and managers first. Don't waste a single dollar pitching a producer because if your concept is good enough, you will hook a manager/agent and they will take your work on the open market for free and cover every producer worth their salt. Whereas you can end up spending a fortune pitching each individual producer on VPF and get nowhere. Also, another poster stated that it can wind up costing between $7.50-$10 a pitch. At least once a month they offer 28 pitches for $189. Not sure what comes out to, but it's a small price to pay if your work gets picked up.

Comment

Working...
                    X