Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Action Movies

depends, if it was expensive beer, that'd be a travesty.

I'll give In brugess anothe try - it's on netflix.

Wanted is one I've not been inclined, but might load it up. Miss Jolie is not fave.
    Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

It's pulpy given the source material and IMO it's the current state of action movies. Superheroes, gaming, graphic novels and CGI have changed action movies for this millennium.

Taken is IMO great old school action.

Wanted is new school. James Mcavoy ( spelling) is damn good in it.
      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by ViningWolff View Post
        Miss Jolie is not fave.
        Wow, I thought I was the only person to feel that way.
        I also feel the same about Megan Fox - I bet you don't agree with me there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mper1um View Post
          I also feel the same about Megan Fox - I bet you don't agree with me there.
          It's because she has toe-thumbs isn't it?

http://www.inquisitr.com/25885/megan...freaky-thumbs/

Comment

Can't say I noticed.

Comment

Miss Fox, (Austin Green now?) is somewhat a non-entity, shrug shoulder type to me. She's a good looking gal, but doesn't posses the charisma of say a Christina Hendricks or Jordanna Brewster...

It seems that doesn't act as much as try to ooze attitude.
              Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

"Regular Voters"

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                For this top 250, only votes from regular voters are considered.

What's a "regular voter"?
                At IMDb, it would appear, (to me), that the "regular voter" is an American male, between the age of thirteen and thirty, who hasn't watched a film produced more than twenty years ago nor by anyone outside of Hollywood.

For an interesting experiment, try checking the top-rated films at IMDb. Those with fewer votes. It's surprising to see how some short films, seen at a film festival, get "10" votes by a handful of people. Cast, crew, family, and friends, maybe? And, I wonder at the validity of reviews filled with praise and "10" votes for some Hollywood productions, (like SUPER 8). Shills, too?

Just trying to get this thread back onto the civility track.

Too many times, (in my opinion), "action" films are the gunfights and car chases of Hollywood fare. The "American" solution to most problems: get a bigger gun and a more powerful car than the antagonist has. Of course, my opinion isn't worth much more than a chipmunk's, as I'd list Buster Keaton and Douglas Fairbanks (Senior) among my favourite "action" film stars.
                JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by 1mper1um View Post
                  Wanted:

I knew I should have switched it off after 5 minutes when that guy fired a bullet around a corner to kill the hitman.

I eventually switched it off when Jolie drove her car into McAvoy's, causing it to flip 360 over the limo, so he could shoot the guy through the sunroof.

Absolute utter gash. It was beyond "brainless, harmless fun". It was severely retarded drivel. More puerile than Transformers 2 (as if that was even possible).

I hope Derek Haas doesn't pro-review any of your stuff.

Comment

Just watched a South Korean flick on Netflix Instant called The Man from Nowhere.

Really great stuff. A bit like Taken, if not a bit better. I really like the lead, he was the son from Mother (also South Korean).

It really blows my mind how many cool films are coming out of there.
                    Last edited by NoirDigits; 06-27-2011, 09:15 PM.
                    Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by NoirDigits View Post
                      Just watched a South Korean flick on Netflix Instant called The Man from Nowhere.

Really great stuff. A bit like Taken, if not a bit better. I really like the lead, he was the son from Mother (also South Korean).

It really blows my mind how many cool films are coming out of there.
                      Great film. I could see this being remade in the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X