No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 4 trailer

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
    MI3 nosedived and didn't connect with the audience. There are reasons for that.
    Can you expand on those reasons? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU View Post
      Can you expand on those reasons? Thanks!
      Written right after seeing the movie, and it covers the bridge scene...
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net/tips/tip346.htm

Lots of "cop outs" that make the story less emotional or lower the stakes. I think the audience becomes less emotionally involved and the film becomes less interesting. One of the problems critics seemed to have was that it was just kind of bland - and I think that's the result of pulling back from emotion and drama throughout the film instead of digging in.

- Bill
      Free Script Tips:
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Lots of "cop outs" that make the story less emotional or lower the stakes. I think the audience becomes less emotionally involved and the film becomes less interesting. One of the problems critics seemed to have was that it was just kind of bland - and I think that's the result of pulling back from emotion and drama throughout the film instead of digging in.

- Bill
        Damn you and your logical arguments!

HH (Who may have been heavily influenced by the fact that the first two movies didn't blow me away so ANYTHING resembling coherence was a plus. And that my faith in Abrams as a storyteller is completely gone, quite frankly, so I haven't seen M:I3 since it came out. I'm afraid to, now.)

Comment

MI3 SPOILERS for those who havent seen the movie:

bill, did you somehow miss the first 10 mins of that movie?

how on earth did you see his wife's head blown off and NOT be emotionally invested in the story?

it's been a while since i've seen it, but...
          Imagine the dramatic scenes if every member of the group had refused to risk their lives and careers for Ethan's girl. Now Ethan would have to convince them that she was worth it - plead with them that love, and this particular love, was so important to him that life without her would be impossible.
          why would we, as audience members, sympathize with a group of spies who let their teammate's wife get killed? IMF are a likeable group of super-spies, they're meant to be the definition of cool, and we've seen them stand by Hunt in the previous movies, why wouldnt they help him when the love of his life is kidnapped?

your entire problem with the movie stems from your inability to connect with ethan hunt's love for his wife. that connection shouldve been made in the first 5 mins of the movie.

i really think you missed that, because i dont see how you couldve watched that scene and not rooted for the guy in every single scene.

Comment

- Bill
            I completely agree.

I didn't like M:i:3 and you nailed the main reason why. "It was all surface and nothing underneath". Felt like I was just going through the motions. If anything the "relationship" ruined it for me. I was hoping they would kill her off in the end

Comment

Working...
            X