• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transformers 3

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
    Michael Bay Just Re-using Footage from The Island for Transformers 3

http://gawker.com/5817719/michael-ba...transformers-3

The cheat!
    That is hilarious because it so blatant. With a $200 million + budget, why the hell would you ever reuse old footage from another film? Unbelievable.

Comment

RE: The Island, I remember a scene where they delivered a bunch of exposition while sitting on a couch in Steve Buscemi's house.
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
        Michael Bay Just Re-using Footage from The Island for Transformers 3

http://gawker.com/5817719/michael-ba...transformers-3

The cheat!
        OMG 4 seconds!!!
        pls go, many directors reuse old footage from they're films

Comment

Originally posted by TBEagle View Post
          OMG 4 seconds!!!
          like who? and is it analogous?

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
            That is hilarious because it so blatant. With a $200 million + budget, why the hell would you ever reuse old footage from another film? Unbelievable.
            I'm guessing that it's an Easter egg thing rather than laziness. There's probably more than a few scattered around in there.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

It's actually not that uncommon. Directors use stock footage and reuse footage from other films all the time. It's a great way to save money. Most of the time we never notice it because they simply add CGI set extensions, different color grades, etc.

Bay is known for working with these massive budgets, but he also works to come in under budget. So if he can find a way to cheaply add more explosions and car chases, then why not.
              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Ebert was cool until he took his helmet off in Return Of The Jedi.
                He who laughs last is mentally slow

Comment

Of all things, this has been the one bothering me...there's this character called Dutch who gets into a standoff with some Russians. He implies that it's because of his ethnic animosity against the Russians over that whole WWII thing.

Okay, then. I mean, it was the Germans that invaded the Netherlands and stole all the bicycles. Right? Or does Bay think that Dutch is the same thing as German?
                  "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by TBEagle View Post
                    OMG 4 seconds!!!
                    How? They don't own the copyrights - the studio does.

- Bill
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Saw it last night, it was okay-ish, some good bits but far too long. There is about 20 mins of stuff in it which is really cool (i.e. Optimus finally kicking some butt), but the rest lacked heart. There's something to be said for the simple 'boy and his car' story of the first film.

It's a shame Michael Bay doesn't get better stuff to direct, I don't really have a issue with this style, it's certainly one that he has forged and many have imitated in some form or another, but he's only as good as his writers, and whilst this was better than the train wreck that was no.2, it's hardly Shakespeare.

Overall, 5/10 for the CGI and the 3D, which was quite well used.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ_FIN View Post
                          I haven't even seen the film, but I already want my money back because of this.
                          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Hehe. I hired out STARSHIP TROOPERS 2 when it hit the shelves at Blockbuster years ago. I laughed so hard at how much footage from the old one they used. It might not have been many seconds but it was enough for me laugh. And even funnier still, that was all I remember from that film - the reused footage from the first one!

Comment

"This is what happens when civilizations are about to collapse..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFm6nWeJeoA

And here's the Kubrick letter he mentions...

http://somecamerunning.typepad.com/s...1/06/test.html

Comment

Spoilerish alert:

Nimoy uttering his famous line from Star Trek II was rather cheesy, and unnecessary, imo.
                                "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Working...
                                X