Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Sawyer and Dialoguedrive.biz

Tom Sawyer offers a script coverage services for $200 per hour. Very expensive but Tom Sawyer is a legit company and after speaking with Heather, if the script is positively reviewed on Dialoguedrive.biz, a principal at the company will consider reviewing it.

Is Dialoguedrive.biz a marketing sham designed to make some good money for script readers? Or is it legitimate way to get constructive criticism and gain representation?

Re: Tom Sawyer and Dialoguedrive.biz

is DDB part of tom sawyer?
    here is my opinion. if a company was actually "in the game" of HW and successful, they wouldn't be charging for script coverage.

all the entities i know of that prey on people this way consist of people who have been pushed out of their jobs in the industry (or never had them to begin with). They may have a credit or two, been associated in the past with a real company, but thats the fact. if they were successful, influential, and making it in HW, they wouldnt be doing this. so it has to raise the question - if they can't keep themseves successful in the biz, how are they going to do it for you?

so yes, maybe they offer good script advice - any better than another good writer could give you for free? who knows. but "taking you to the next level?" no. THEY aren't even on the next level.

Comment

Good point. I wouldn't pay to receive coverage unless it's by a reputable screenplay contest.

Comment

Who are the people who are doing the coverage?

On the website 'Dialogdriven.biz' they are emphatic that they are experts and experienced ... but aren't willing to actually NAME anyone with expertise or experience !

A bit of digging only gives the name 'Rachel S. Miller' - who is also listed as the CEO of Tom Sawyer. Is that the person who will be writing the coverage personally? No? Then who will? Someone who you are willing to pay $200 to? I have no idea - they may be an expert .. but if DialogDriven.biz thinks the reputation of the people doing the reviewing is worthy of hiding .. then why should you pay money?

I understand WHY companies do that - it is a sensible action to make the service scalable. But that doesn't mean that it's a good idea for the person paying the money.

If you want to pay money - then why not use a more affordable service run by someone who is willing to put their name behind it ?

If you get Andrew or Amanda to do coverage you know who is providing the service ... so you can decide for yourself if it is worth it.

Good luck,

Mac
        New blogposts:
        *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
        *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
        *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
        *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Originally posted by holly View Post
          is DDB part of tom sawyer?
          here is my opinion. if a company was actually "in the game" of HW and successful, they wouldn't be charging for script coverage.

all the entities i know of that prey on people this way consist of people who have been pushed out of their jobs in the industry (or never had them to begin with). They may have a credit or two, been associated in the past with a real company, but thats the fact. if they were successful, influential, and making it in HW, they wouldnt be doing this. so it has to raise the question - if they can't keep themseves successful in the biz, how are they going to do it for you?

so yes, maybe they offer good script advice - any better than another good writer could give you for free? who knows. but "taking you to the next level?" no. THEY aren't even on the next level.

Concur.

Comment

Working...
          X