Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next writing exercise - deadline Oct 25

I know, the previous one has just finished and I didn't even have time to vote in that one but this idea popped up in facebook so I'll leave it here for the future

"that awkward moment when you're digging a hole to bury a body... and you find another body."

I'd love to see the crazy twists we could put on that over 5-8 separate scripts
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Re: the next writing exercise

I like it.
    TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

If 5-8 people say "I'm in" then let's make this happen.

The next calendar event contest is likely to be Halloween at the end of October.

P.S. "I'm in."

Comment

I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Re: The next writing exercise

I could not enter the winter thing as I was on vacation with my wife. I asked the guide on the carriage tour of the Gettysburg battlefield if I could bring my laptop and type my entry as we went along. He looked at me kind of funny and said that Little Billy would be sitting in front of me and might spill his drink on my computer, and the company was not up for that type of problem. Company policy, you know. So maybe the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by jmpowell7 View Post
            I could not enter the winter thing as I was on vacation with my wife. I asked the guide on the carriage tour of the Gettysburg battlefield if I could bring my laptop and type my entry as we went along. He looked at me kind of funny and said that Little Billy would be sitting in front of me and might spill his drink on my computer, and the company was not up for that type of problem. Company policy, you know. So maybe the next one.
            Pick up an Alphasmart Neo and you can write anywhere — three AA batteries last about a year. And (supposedly) Neos can be washed in the dishwasher (though i wouldn't do it). Just send your file to whatever word processor you happen to be using (it reads it in like you're typing). I use it with the Fountain syntax. Works great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPHASMART-...sAAOSw9k5XQHyc
            STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by jmpowell7 View Post
              I asked the guide on the carriage tour of the Gettysburg battlefield if I could bring my laptop and type my entry as we went along. He looked at me kind of funny
              I would have looked at you funny too. I hope you at least told him it was for your epic Civil War screenplay, inspired by your surroundings.

Comment

I'm in. If it's not abundantly clear, by now, I always enjoy making an ass of myself.
                "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

And yet—

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
                    I know, the previous one has just finished and I didn't even have time to vote in that one but this idea popped up in facebook so I'll leave it here for the future

"that awkward moment when you're digging a hole to bury a body... and you find another body."

I'd love to see the crazy twists we could put on that over 5-8 separate scripts
                    I'm not crazy about the narrow story prompt, but I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
                      And yet-
                      I've got one written (in my head). When are these due?
                      STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
                        I've got one written (in my head). When are these due?
                        I... don't know.

/looks sideways at Southern_land

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
                          I... don't know.

/looks sideways at Southern_land

25th? Ready for the 31st, maybe with a Halloween vibe? Gwad that seems like a long time for a 8 pager!

What's everyone else's thoughts?
                          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I was tired a couple of nights ago and fell right asleep. Instantly I started dreaming. It was night, and I had a truckload of whatever to deliver and went down a steep hill near a river. No one was around so I unloaded most of the truck, but it couldn't get back up the steep hill, so I started pushing it backwards up the hill. Unfortunately it kept trying to roll back down, until I twisted the front wheels sideways, and that kept it in place when I wasn't pushing.

After quite awhile of pushing it a couple of feet at a time, I got really tired and noticed a dark, empty house off the road and decided to get some sleep inside. Furniture was scattered all over the place, but I finally found a bed and went right to sleep. Pretty soon I heard a whole bunch of ghosts around and I started making horrible noises to scare them off. It seemed to work, they disappeared and I rummaged around in a bag until I found a flashlight.

I shined it around the room and couldn't see any ghosts, but then there was a hand on my knee and a woman's voice: "Dan, can you write?" I shined the flashlight on her and she was pale almost like a ghost, herself, and she repeated: "Dan, can you write?"

Eventually it dawned on me, as I woke up, that the woman was my wife and she was actually saying: "Dan, are you alright?"

Those horrible noises I was making to scare away the "ghosts" woke up my wife and she was "concerned" about me (for some reason).

Yeah, that was sort of embarrassing. I blame it on listening to this song, right before I went to sleep. (It's allegedly Christian, but you decide. Apparently Johnny Cash recorded it a few weeks before he died.)

Ain't No Grave
                            "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

So... the 25th, or...?

Comment

Working...
                              X