Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #121
MJ Scribe

Default Re: Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantanplan View Post
One thing this series is driving home for me is how absolutely unattractive lying is. I can kind of respect Walt when he's a badass, I can hate him when he's pure murderous evil, but these ridiculous lies --I see him as just a small pathetic excuse for a man. Yuck. It puts dogs to shame, those little performance tricks of his.

To me writers seem to crafting things well... throughout so many earlier episodes from the show's inception, WW's lying was entertaining, even captivating as he grew into Heisenberg and fashioned his empire. Now that the walls are crumbling around him and the bad guys close in, his lies appear to pathetic. And to a large extent, quite unbelievable to those few who manage to remain close to him.

As an aside, anyone else wonder of Jesse's exclamation of Walt being the Devil? Seemed like an allusion to The Usual Suspects and Verbal Kint's frenzied description of Keyser Soze? The look in Jesse's eyes, the intonation in his voice... it all seemed so eerie, familiar as I was watched him with Hank and Gomie.

Last edited by MJ Scribe : 09-03-2013 at 11:00 AM.
MJ Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #122
jboffer

I'm waiting for the show to kick it into overdrive. With only 4 episodes left, that's under three hours of airtime. So come on, start the rollercoaster.

I hope that's what's coming.
jboffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #123
Deion22

I hate Jessie has become a rat. I feel they changed his character to make it work for their end game. It was sad to watch that. Still love the show, though.
Deion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #124
Richmond Weems

Some great insight and theories, which I agree with.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/break...rabid-dog.html

A taste:

"The religious imagery I mentioned in my recap of the season opener and in my preview of the finale suggest that Walt does, in fact, feel guilt for what he's done, and unrealistically believes he can still redeem himself, and that deep down he's still a good person. All around him, advisors are pushing full measures, particularly Saul who has now suggested killing Hank and Jesse and Skyler, who turned Lady Macbeth on him in the hotel, not because she's worse than Walt, but because she's more pragmatic. And Walt, who has traditionally been willing to travel deeper into Hell than almost anyone, has become uncomfortable with himself, with what he's become."
Richmond Weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #125
Dr. Gonzo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deion22 View Post
I hate Jessie has become a rat. I feel they changed his character to make it work for their end game. It was sad to watch that. Still love the show, though.
Well people change, especially in real life... but I know we are talking about a beloved TV show here. By design we are supposed to be upset about it.

But again, Gilligan has always said he wanted this show to be about change. I think some where he called it a television experiment. The first show to have a television character slowly change from a good guy to a full on bad guy.

So, in that regard, why can't Jesse change too?

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #126
dog678
Regular

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, what an ep. Fantastic. 3 more to go.

It's becoming obvious those guys go after Walt, burn his house, write the stuff on the wall and then KILL HIS WIFE and/or Walt Jr!!!! Walt then just probably goes on an all out spree to avenge his wife and Hank's murder. But Walt definitely confessed over that phone call in the car, so I'm hoping Hank was smart enough to record it.

If you look at the flash forward scene from last year's opener, Walt seems desperate, alone, going all-out to the death on somebody, so it would seem they killed his wife and/or son... who knows, only time will tell!!!

Can't wait to BBQ next week and watch it. Wingssssssssssssss!!

dog678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #127
Typewriter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog678 View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, what an ep. Fantastic. 3 more to go.

It's becoming obvious those guys go after Walt, burn his house, write the stuff on the wall and then KILL HIS WIFE and/or Walt Jr!!!! Walt then just probably goes on an all out spree to avenge his wife and Hank's murder. But Walt definitely confessed over that phone call in the car, so I'm hoping Hank was smart enough to record it.

If you look at the flash forward scene from last year's opener, Walt seems desperate, alone, going all-out to the death on somebody, so it would seem they killed his wife and/or son... who knows, only time will tell!!!

Can't wait to BBQ next week and watch it. Wingssssssssssssss!!

Excellent analysis. Here's a picture of Saul looking like Scarface. Maybe Saul helps Walt do some killing. http://imgur.com/r/breakingbad/yqvIT7d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE
Typewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #128
Jules

The promo for next week shows nothing...
Old 09-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #129
Jules

I'd be curious to know if anyone didn't work out that the photo of the money in the barrel was scam... I figured it out a couple of seconds afterwards, and wondered if Walt would as he was racing there, the difference between me and him knowing Hank had already mocked up a photo of Jesse before hand, and I think they knowing made the scene all that much more exciting. I wondered if it was intended that I know it was a scam, or if it wasn't. Very smart writing.

I hope Todd gets the girl, he seems like a good kid
Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #130
Brice
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I hope Todd gets the girl, he seems like a good kid
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but he murdered an innocent young boy. Even Walt hasn't done that.
Brice is offline   Reply With Quote