Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How 'bout a DDP meet up...

Still in, but the 28th wouldn't work for me.

Comment

So it seems like June 18th or July 9th work best for everyone who has replied.

Comment

Okay. I'm going to set a date so this doesn't drag out any more. (Got a little busy these last couple of weeks, so my apologies.)

I'm going set the DDP Get Together for Saturday, July 9th, for various scheduling reasons. I know Saturdays might not be ideal for all, but I'm looking to do this during a Happy Hour so it'll start a little early and finish a little early so you can still go out, if you really need to. And with a seven weeks heads up, you should be able to (hopefully) work this out with any and all.

You're welcome to bring a significant other or any screenwriting friends. This will be for drink and appetizers, though you can order an entree on your own as you so desire. I'll look to treat for the first round or so of appetizers to kick all off.

Check back up for any updates and changes:

July 9th from 5 to 8pm (Happy Hour)
        Place: TBD now (Just found out the first choice can't do it after all due to upcoming renovations. Working on three other comparable spots in WLA.)

I'll also look to get a headcount as we get a little closer so I can let the place know what to expect.

Then if this goes well and we have decent turnout, we'll try to hold another later in the year and do it during the week, possibly.
        Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 05-23-2016, 06:20 AM. Reason: Updated.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
          Okay. I'm going to set a date so this doesn't drag out any more. (Got a little busy these last couple of weeks, so my apologies.)

I'm going set the DDP Get Together for Saturday, July 9th, for various scheduling reasons. I know Saturdays might not be ideal for all, but I'm looking to do this during the place's Happy Hour so it'll start a little early and finish a little early so you can still go out, if you really need to. And with a seven weeks heads up, you should be able to (hopefully) work this out with any and all.

This is not written in stone but I'm looking at Bar Food on Wilshire. The Mrs. and I like the Happy Hour prices and the good is good. But maybe more importantly due to the layout of the space we should be able to have our own, nice private little area to hang in. You're welcome to bring a significant other or any screenwriting friends. This will be for drink and appetizers. See their HH menu for the available choices. It is printed twice on that page so don't let it throw you. And as noted, anything off their full menu is available then too at regular prices. (I can also easily offer after dinner suggestions for anyone who might need or want them.)

For the time being I'm going to set the following in place, but do check back up for any updates and changes:

July 9th from 5 to 8pm (Happy Hour)
          Bar Food
          12217 Wilshire Blvd
          Los Angeles, CA 90025
          http://barfoodla.com/

I'll also look to get a headcount as we get a little closer so I can let the place know what to expect.

Then if these goes well, we'll try to hold another later in the year and do it during the week, possibly.

Count me in! Shots of Fernet for all!

Comment

I'm in too. Thanks for setting it up.

Comment

I am heading into town for Soapy Smith Night at the Magic Castle on July 10, so maybe I can come a day early. Looks good to me.

Any cheap hotels around there?
              We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by billmarq View Post
                I am heading into town for Soapy Smith Night at the Magic Castle on July 10, so maybe I can come a day early. Looks good to me.

Any cheap hotels around there?
                Granted the word "cheap" (in terms of price) and LA, especially during the summer time, don't go together, but if you want to e-mail or PM me I can throw a spots out there that might help.
                Will
                Done Deal Pro
                www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Anyway we can set up one on the east coast as well?

I saw that blklst has meetings all at the same time in different sectors... As long as even 5 people show up I think that'd be worth a shot, then announce it in a public sub-forum that people visit?

Anyway if not it's cool, I'm in NY and broke otherwise I'd extend to head out there no questions, some pretty good people in this forum i'd love to interact with.
                  "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
                  SUBTITLED
                  Episode 1 (Beef pills)
                  Episode 2 (African commercial)
                  Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

There is not much I can really do in terms of an east coast get together other than to leave it up to one or some of you to coordinate something.

Someone or anyone is welcome to post a notice for the same day or some other day for an east/NYC get together. I can only "officially" do something here in LA since I'm here, of course. Up to you, sir.
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Sounds good. I'll be there.

Comment

I have plans in the evening but if it starts early enough I will try to come by.

Comment

I would try to make this if I were still in LA, but alas... I was at one or two of the previous DD get-togethers, way back. Hope everybody has a great time.
                          "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                          ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                              Count me in! Shots of Fernet for all!
                              YES!!!
                              DOPE CITY

Comment

I put this DD meet up into my calendar and it actually auto-completed with the info from Will's last DD meet up - September 2007 at the Formosa Cafe.

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
                                I would try to make this if I were still in LA, but alas... I was at one or two of the previous DD get-togethers, way back. Hope everybody has a great time.
                                That was one that Will held at a place on Sunset Blvd? Upstairs, that place near where Book Soup is now? Can't remember the name of it. That one was fun.

Were you at the one at the old Jerry's Deli that used to be across from the Beverly Center? That must've been 2004-ish? Ben Stein and Robbie Williams made cameo appearances.

Ah, good times. Anyways, fly back for this one, Raven. It'll be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X