Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Research and Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #21
GucciGhostXXX

Default Re: ANI, AGI, ASI Grey Goo Forums to Ask Questions

Didn't read the entire thread. But, my opinion is that you're maybe selling yourself short. Why not...

GO TO THE SOURCE? You might be surprised at who you can get at.

I've done this several times, going through proper channels I was able to sit down with them and pick their brain. People love to talk about what they're MOST interested in. Attached one as a consultant. Got their book rights. Etc.

Be willing to fly to meet them if you want them as a consultant/rights of some kind. Their interest to get on the phone with you in order to set a meeting will likely be determined by your passionate email someone passes up the chain to them.

PLUG: For CAA, they bring in expert speakers for their writers to meet and greet and keep in contact with. Idk if other agencies do that. That's one way huge agencies help their writers.

POINT: I'm not relying on the internet for super insidery intel (CIA/NASA/DARPA/FBI/LA PD Homicide... whatever else.)

But, I suppose it depends on how much intel you need...
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #22
tinlizzie
Regular

If you need science help this is a great place to go http://scienceandentertainmentexchange.org

From their About page:
The Science & Entertainment Exchange (The Exchange) is a program of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) that connects entertainment industry professionals with top scientists and engineers to create a synergy between accurate science and engaging storylines in both film and TV programming. From a quick fact check to a special briefing, The Exchange provides quick and easy access to experts from all the scientific disciplines. The goal of The Exchange is to use the vehicle of popular entertainment media to deliver sometimes subtle, but nevertheless powerful, messages about science.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #23
finalact4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
Didn't read the entire thread. But, my opinion is that you're maybe selling yourself short. Why not...

GO TO THE SOURCE? You might be surprised at who you can get at.

I've done this several times, going through proper channels I was able to sit down with them and pick their brain. People love to talk about what they're MOST interested in. Attached one as a consultant. Got their book rights. Etc.

Be willing to fly to meet them if you want them as a consultant/rights of some kind. Their interest to get on the phone with you in order to set a meeting will likely be determined by your passionate email someone passes up the chain to them.

PLUG: For CAA, they bring in expert speakers for their writers to meet and greet and keep in contact with. Idk if other agencies do that. That's one way huge agencies help their writers.

POINT: I'm not relying on the internet for super insidery intel (CIA/NASA/DARPA/FBI/LA PD Homicide... whatever else.)

But, I suppose it depends on how much intel you need...
absolutely. this was a "terminology" answer that i needed. so it wasn't a deep dive into new tech i didn't know anything about. but these sites are pretty awesome, you get to some pretty tech savvy people who are in the industry.

but yeah, if i need to go deep on tech i would definitely like to speak to the real thing.

Tinlizzie, thanks for the link. appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #24
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
absolutely. this was a "terminology" answer that i needed. so it wasn't a deep dive into new tech i didn't know anything about. but these sites are pretty awesome, you get to some pretty tech savvy people who are in the industry.

but yeah, if i need to go deep on tech i would definitely like to speak to the real thing.

Tinlizzie, thanks for the link. appreciate it.
Ahhh... gotcha. Not a deep dive.
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #25
dworhach
User

https://www.wga.org/writers-room/on-...ask-the-expert
dworhach is offline   Reply With Quote