Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
snowman

Default producer looking for dog scripts

I heard there is a producer looking for family scripts with dogs/kids and Horses (in inktip newsletter).

Does anyone have the contact info?

If so, could you please email me at:

junkyarddog@eriecoast.com

Thanks

Snowman
Old 04-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
LoganSF1

Spend $40 and get the scripts wanted letter. It's $20 if you have a script placed on the site.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
mray65

Or take a big chance with this guy: losangeles.craigslist.org...44343.html
Old 04-06-2005, 05:56 AM   #4
snowman

Default producer looking for dog scripts

I come from a town where if you are standing in line at the grocery store and someone is a dollar or two short, you give it to them, or if your neighbor runs out of gas while he's cutting his grass, you take him over the gas can and fill it up.

And in my 15+ years of writing, I have spent my fair share of money on writer's markets, Creative Hollywood directorys, Writers digest magazines, agency annuals, and other helpful information. If I had all the money back I have spent on my career and markting my scripts and bought lotto tickets I would probably be far better off financially.

But I have never turned anyone down who has asked me for information or even thought of turning them down because I "paid" for that information and they didn't.

In fact I've always been willing to help and share any info I get especially when producers tell me they're not looking for family scripts but want horror, to others who may have something along those lines.

I guess I'm a little hurt and disappointed that nobody that could, was willing to share this simple information with me when I've always been willing to help others.

And when you're paying a mortgage, insurance, property taxes, utilities, $2.35 a gallon for gas, and 3 bucks for a gallon of milk, and the other high cost of just living, sometimes you just don't always have an extra 40 bucks or so to pay for a piece of information.

snowman
Old 04-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #5
LoganSF1

Get a third job. I did.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #6
landis26

Snowman -

Maybe the people that are visting this thread don't have the info you need. Give it a few more days.

Landis
Old 04-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #7
John1Paul2

Snowman,

If you put your email address in my inbox, I will send it to you.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #8
snowman

Default producer looking for do scripts

Just to let you know someone with a big heart helped me out. So, thanks for all the supportive letters. And thanks John Paul, but I got it.

And as for a third job, when would I have time to write?

Snowman
Old 04-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #9
snowman

Default Re: producer looking for do scripts

Having slept on it I guess I should, and do apologize to those of you who "could have helped" but didn't because of your ethics. I do respect that and wouldn't want anyone to comproise what they feel is right or wrong. So please accept my apology.

I guess it was just the info money thing that bothered me the most, as our society is getting more me, me, me. I'll probably drop down the 40 bucks here soon and join the club just as I did for my new HCD from Amazon a few weeks ago. After all money is just paper with numbers printed on it. And I can always deduct it from our pizza delivery guy's tip. (JK)

But I guess when you've been writing for a very long time and you see a lead that is so promising waiting for you on the otherside of the door, you sometimes try to get that door open somehow whether it locked or just jammed.

In any case, I am thankful for all the fellow screenwriters that I have met from all this nonsense. Again my apologies to all!

Snowman
Old 04-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #10
John1Paul2

Default Re: Producer looking for Dog Scripts

So, did you get a request for your script?