Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page International Screenwriting Awards 2013

Well, the QFs will be announced next Monday -- does anyone have something in the running?

I've got two shorts in the mix. (Thanks to Margie, Shorts-Writer-Extraordinare for her expert advice!) I have high hopes, but then I would since my feature scripts never met a contest they didn't like (though no contest ever returned the affection with even a QF nod.) Hey, maybe my shorts have longer legs, so to speak!

Anyway, good luck to all who've entered! The count down starts now: 6 days and counting!

Re: Page International Screenwriting Awards 2013

Good luck! I have two features in there - both animated family films.

I have a short in Creative World Awards. Did you enter that one?
    www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
    http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by stainjm View Post
      Good luck! I have two features in there - both animated family films.

I have a short in Creative World Awards. Did you enter that one?
      Fantastic! I write animated films/television for a living! I've never written an animated spec script, though I've always wanted to!

Creative World Awards? Ah, heck, did I miss a short contest? Is it too late to enter?

I've actually entered different shorts in Page, Slamdance, Shoreline Scripts and Sidewrite. Sidewrite is part of a festival in Birmingham, AL and, can you believe it, I had a short set in Alabama! I would LOVE it if my little short could make the QF there! For it, it would be like going home.

Hey, dreaming big is the way to go!

Good luck, Stainjm! Go Animation! Go Shorts!

Comment

I didn't even know about the PAGE Awards last year (so didn't enter), then kicked myself after finding out it's the second-most prestigious contest after Nicholl. So I've got four features in the hunt this year; two comedy-dramas, a psychological thriller, and a crime thriller. Hoping at least one of them gets in QFs.

Heard last year the organizers sent notifications of who made the first cut before QFs the week before QFs were announced; unfortunately they're not doing that this year. Still glad I entered; I've heard it's one of the best-run contests and am very impressed with the communication so far. Good luck to you all!!
        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

The PAGE is one of the best run contests out there, IMO second only to the Nicholl. It is run with integrity and smarts. Definitely worth entering.

Late Night Writer

Comment

I love that they let their finalists resubmit (although it shouldn't be necessary).

But I have heard scoring as a finalist and winning still doesn't necessarilly mean anything, compared to TrackingB where all the finalists find representation, right?

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
              Heard last year the organizers sent notifications of who made the first cut before QFs the week before QFs were announced; unfortunately they're not doing that this year.

I made the QFs last year and I don't remember getting that e-mail. I found out when the page was updated on the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLilley View Post
                I made the QFs last year and I don't remember getting that e-mail. I found out when the page was updated on the 15th.
                There was a thread about it last year:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=68149

Comment

Huh. Yeah, I feel like I just found out on their webpage too, but who knows.

Does it really matter?

Want a free book?

Comment

There was a thread about it last year:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=68149

Well huh. That really could have saved me a lot of time. I wonder where that one went.

Comment

Originally posted by stainjm View Post
                      Huh. Yeah, I feel like I just found out on their webpage too, but who knows.

Does it really matter?
                      I guess it makes the wait a little less agonizing

Comment

I got three projects.

Comment

I entered a couple years ago and received an e-mail notifying me that I advanced to the second round. Then quarter-finalists were announced. Since I did not receive a similar e-mail this year, I figured they had changed procedure. Actually, no, I figured I got knocked out. I guess I'll wait three days to feel rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by Unfinishe View Post
                            I entered a couple years ago and received an e-mail notifying me that I advanced to the second round. Then quarter-finalists were announced. Since I did not receive a similar e-mail this year, I figured they had changed procedure. Actually, no, I figured I got knocked out. I guess I'll wait three days to feel rejected.
                            I always assume the worst case scenario leading up to results announcements. That way, if I don't place, I'm not as disappointed, and if I do place, I'm over the moon

Comment

I always assume the worst case scenario leading up to results announcements. That way, if I don't place, I'm not as disappointed, and if I do place, I'm over the moon
                              This is my approach, too. I even had to make a note of when contests results were due so I wouldn't forget. But for some reason this PAGE contest has all the excitement for me of a first-entered contest. Could be because this is my first short entry.

For those of you who enter multiple contests: do you enter the same script(s) to each contest or different scripts? I did the latter but now I'm thinking that the former would have been a better idea.

I have to say that so far, PAGE has been a great contest. They keep entrants in the loop, unlike many other contests.
                              Anyway, QF announcements are suddenly TOMORROW -- Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X