White-Hot mega star attached: Is next step manager, agent, or entertainment attorney?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-Hot mega star attached: Is next step manager, agent, or entertainment attorney?

Hello all. Awesome site. I need your help.

I've somehow managed to secure a killer attachment for the lead role in my project. The market to be in business w/this actor is super-heated, as his latest flick is going through the roof.

I'm hoping for a s/writing career, but have no credits to date. I also have no representation, despite years of hard work and effort.

Money meetings coming up fast. (I wrote the book, which attracted his interest, and I own the film rights and life rights of the main characters)

I need an advocate, so I'm asking DD'ers: Should I reach out to a manager, agent, or entertainment attorney?

Please, any help will be very much appreciated.

te-Hot mega star attached: Is next step manager, agent, or entertainment attorney?

Entertainment attorney or manager first step. Prob a manager?

Comment

Re: White-Hot mega star attached:

Hm, if you really managed to get Ron Jeremy interested in your project, I'm sure he could get you some contacts and advice himself, no?

Comment

So you wrote a book that has a star attached, and you want to be attached to write the screenplay? I'm curious as to who this hot star is. Feel free to PM me rather than post here.

Do you also already have a Literary Agent on the book side? How did you get it to the star?

Best,

Michael
        twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

White-Hot mega star attached: Is next step manager, agent, or entertainment attorney?

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
          So you wrote a book that has a star attached, and you want to be attached to write the screenplay? I'm curious as to who this hot star is. Feel free to PM me rather than post here.

Do you also already have a Literary Agent on the book side? How did you get it to the star?

Best,

Michael
          I did write a screenplay for the project, and I hope it gets a shot.

Yes, I have an East Coast book agent, but he has weak/dated connections on West Coast.

I got it to the star by agreeing to let the actor who delivered him get a shot at the script. He's also an author/s-writer. (He hasn't written it, instead exploring development $$ to do so, since attachment is so hot)

I'll PM the star.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by goldmund View Post
            Hm, if you really managed to get Ron Jeremy interested in your project, I'm sure he could get you some contacts and advice himself, no?
            Not very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by lilgoo View Post
              Not very helpful.
              Yeah; asinine.

Sounds very exciting, Lilgoo. Michael will steer you right.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by lilgoo View Post
                Not very helpful.
                As I'm incompetent to assist you, I just wanted to introduce some light-hearted jocularity with a reference to mister Ron Jeremy. :-(

Please don't be very angry with me.

Comment

As I'm incompetent to assist you, I just wanted to introduce some light-hearted jocularity with a reference to mister Ron Jeremy. :-(

Please don't be very angry with me.
                  Hi goldmund,

No worries. All in good fun. Thanks!

Comment

Star status confirmed

Comment

I want to know who the star is. PM me . I'm in a similar situation as far as having my star attached to my musical script. Although they are probably not as white hot as yours sounds to be, they just signed with a really major record label.

I would suggest hiring an entertainment lawyer first. Especially since you have money meetings coming up. A manager won't really be able to help you with this and a lawyer is gonna protect you and have your back if you hire the right one. I would next find a production company or a producer you want to work with and approach them with the project. If the lead is as hot as you say you should be able to get a pretty major producer on board no problem. By that point the agents and managers should be reaching out to you.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Aspirant View Post
                        Yeah; asinine.

Sounds very exciting, Lilgoo. Michael will steer you right.

Good luck!
                        Thanks for the positive vibe Aspirant!

Comment

Re: White-Hot mega star attached: Is next step manager, agent, or ent. attorney?

Originally posted by Ncsugirl23 View Post
                          I want to know who the star is. PM me . I'm in a similar situation as far as having my star attached to my musical script. Although they are probably not as white hot as yours sounds to be, they just signed with a really major record label.

I would suggest hiring an entertainment lawyer first. Especially since you have money meetings coming up. A manager won't really be able to help you with this and a lawyer is gonna protect you and have your back if you hire the right one. I would next find a production company or a producer you want to work with and approach them with the project. If the lead is as hot as you say you should be able to get a pretty major producer on board no problem. By that point the agents and managers should be reaching out to you.

Good luck
                          Thanks Ncsugirl. Very clear thought process. I have my fingers crossed, but managers/agents all so very busy. Haven't met w/one yet. Fingers crossed. Best of luck w/your project. You've done some tuff work. The script and a viable attachment. No easy task for sure.

Comment

Ron graduated from my alma mater, Queens College, BTW. Also, OP, PM me about the actor.
                            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Re: White-Hot mega star attached

Congrats!

First things first... if you haven't done it yet, before contacting anybody I would sit down and write out exactly what you want to gain out of this project. Best case scenario... then itemize from top to bottom, so that you have a guide as stuff starts coming together so that you can make sure that what is most important to you doesn't get washed out in the process.

Then find those professionals (whether it is an attorney, manager, or agent or one of each) who can tell you exactly how they will work to protect that list and work to put it in motion. Good luck!
                              Get busy writin' or get busy dyin'.
                              http://www.kiva.org/team/hollywood

Comment

Working...
                              X