Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Email bounce backs

Has anyone noticed the major email bounce backs lately? Its getting to be a hefty chunk.

Re: Lots of Email bounce backs

What do you mean by bounce backs? Email undeliverable due to the address no longer valid?

Comment

Where are you getting the email addresses from? I just sent out about 200 and got probably 15 problem responses. I think I read on another thread on here that some of the email servers have "red flag" words that bounce your email, but don't quote me on that one. Not that I want to insult your intelligence or anything (and merely speaking from experience here) but I noticed sometimes when I cut and pasted an email address from imdb pro I would have an extra space at the end or the beginning when I went to past it in my TO line. So, I guess the best advice I can give is just look at that first and foremost.

Again, I'm new to the boards so if you are seasoned vet and were merely stating an observation, please don't take my response as a know it all.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
        What do you mean by bounce backs? Email undeliverable due to the address no longer valid?

Probably. I've gotten some too.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I've gotten a bunch lately, some a few days after I sent the initial message. Not sure why.

Comment

I've also noticed that aol seems to be added characters in the body of any e-mail I create. It won't be in it when I create it, it gets added when I send it. But not always.

So, I'll have something like this in an query e-mail:

"Thanks for your =>consideration"

I am now paranoid about sending any e-queries!
            sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Originally posted by peasblossom View Post
              I've also noticed that aol seems to be added characters in the body of any e-mail I create. It won't be in it when I create it, it gets added when I send it. But not always.

So, I'll have something like this in an query e-mail:

"Thanks for your =>consideration"

I am now paranoid about sending any e-queries!
              I've had a similar problem, I get weird spaces or extra characters in my emails when I cut and paste. I think anyone who sees something like that knows it's just internet weirdness - I've got some script requests where the popped up in my queries, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
                I've had a similar problem, I get weird spaces or extra characters in my emails when I cut and paste. I think anyone who sees something like that knows it's just internet weirdness - I've got some script requests where the popped up in my queries, so I wouldn't sweat it.
                Thanks for letting me know that - last week I queried a company I really wanted to do a good job querying, and copied the e-query to myself at the same time. When it came up with the weird added characters I wondered if the query would be discarded outright because of it.
                sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Working...
                X