X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advice on movie deals, etc.

Originally posted by The White Album View Post
    Let me clear the air...

(1) I have no beef with FAF. I have interacted with him only TWICE on these boards, in this thread and in this previous thread: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ht=white+album

On both occasions, while others have piled on with insults, I have done nothing but give friendly and professional advice. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

(2) I am the producing partner of the actor Tyrese Gibson. I contact managers/agents all the time to requests scripts. Managers/agents submit scripts to me as well. Under all the drama of this thread is a script that is getting traction. When a script gets traction, I do my thing and try to hunt it down through the proper channels, and that is through the writer's reps. If I had a personal relationship with FAF, I would have gone to him directly.

(3) As you can see from the previous thread, FAF asked for some advice on 3 possible managers. I vouched for 2 of them (and stated I had no experience with the 3rd manager). Those 2 managers I know well. Manager #1 had contacted me literally 2 weeks ago asking what I was looking for as a producer? Manager #1 had submitted their clients to me many times before, so we have a good relationship. I said "smart contained thrillers" cause that's what all the studios are buying (I don't do comedies). So when it seemed that FAF had this contained thriller with heat, I reached out to Manager #1 and asked if they were repping the writer. The answer was no. So then I reached out to Manager #2, who I also knew and they had submitted to me as well in the past. Turns out Manager #2 is repping the writer. They were more than happy to send me the script.

(4) I have not said one negative or malicious word about FAF to any of these managers. He can confirm this by simply asking them. My communication with them was done all through email and they can forward him every documented word.

(5) It's obvious now that FAF doesn't want me to read his script. I have not even opened it, so if his current Manager follows up with me about it, I will simply say, "As per your client's request, I'm not going to read it." He can explain the rest to his manager.
    Per the above, there is nothing wrong with this. When I go out with client specs and they hit the tracking boards, execs call me about them. Same thing here.

Best,

Michael
    twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Hey 'The White Album' - BULLSH!T

(2) I am the producing partner of the actor Tyrese Gibson. I contact managers/agents all the time to requests scripts. Managers/agents submit scripts to me as well. Under all the drama of this thread is a script that is getting traction. When a script gets traction, I do my thing and try to hunt it down through the proper channels, and that is through the writer's reps. If I had a personal relationship with FAF, I would have gone to him directly.
      You lying piece of sh!t. I don't give a fvck who you are or what you do.

You CLEARLY are not interested in my script.

You were only interested in MAKING MY PERSONAL DETAILS PUBLIC. Which is exactly what you did, until it was deleted by the moderators here.

You were only interested in giving me a 'telling off' for what you perceived I did wrong.

Publicly trying to out me, while talking down to me, is hardly the sign of someone interested in a script. Hardly a good way of ingratiating yourself with someone who may have a potential project that you are interested in.

Please stop twisting and turning you're bullsh!t move into something that was legitimate. Because it wasn't.

(3) As you can see from the previous thread, FAF asked for some advice on 3 possible managers. I vouched for 2 of them (and stated I had no experience with the 3rd manager). Those 2 managers I know well. Manager #1 had contacted me literally 2 weeks ago asking what I was looking for as a producer? Manager #1 had submitted their clients to me many times before, so we have a good relationship. I said "smart contained thrillers" cause that's what all the studios are buying (I don't do comedies). So when it seemed that FAF had this contained thriller with heat, I reached out to Manager #1 and asked if they were repping the writer. The answer was no. So then I reached out to Manager #2, who I also knew and they had submitted to me as well in the past. Turns out Manager #2 is repping the writer. They were more than happy to send me the script.
      No. All you were doing was sneaking around, trying to find out who I was repped by, so you had power over me in knowing my name and knowing who repped me.

You had a general idea who my manager was out of a small pool of managers I had mentioned in other posts. So you tried each one until I you found me.

You then tried to use that information against me.

Please don't bullsh!t us with ideas that you were genuinely interested in my script. You weren't.

IF you were interested, you could have easily mentioned your interest to me in PM, and I would have pointed you in the direction of my manager. No problem. Instead you tried to sneak around behind the scenes, and then use that information against me.

(4) I have not said one negative or malicious word about FAF to any of these managers. He can confirm this by simply asking them. My communication with them was done all through email and they can forward him every documented word.
      No, you haven't. But I invited you to try. Be my guest.

(5) It's obvious now that FAF doesn't want me to read his script. I have not even opened it, so if his current Manager follows up with me about it, I will simply say, "As per your client's request, I'm not going to read it." He can explain the rest to his manager.
      Yeah, I will explain the rest to my manager. I'll tell them that I told you to:

"Go and fvck your mother!"

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
      So the truth of the situation is different that what FAF described, and his version made him sound like a wronged victim?

An odd thing, indeed.
      No Jeff, it happened EXACTLY as I described it.
      Last edited by fanatic_about_film; 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

So... a producer called your manager and asked for your script. And your response was to tell him to go and fuck his mother.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

And that's about all there needs to be of that.

I don't think there's any saving this thread, so I'm closing her up.
          Last edited by emily blake; 10-07-2011, 11:34 AM.
          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Working...
          X