No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battleship Trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85017

I'm intrigued. this trailer looks a lot better then the first one.

Re: New Battleship Trailer

Much better.

Let the summer shenanigans begin.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

"From Hasbro the company that brought you Transformers" really? ... really?

Comment

Really captured the spirit of the game.

Comment

Looks like Battle: Los Angeles meets Independence Day with a round of quidditch thrown in and Rihanna doing her best Michelle Rodriguez impersonation.

No doubt the script will be awful, cast will be unrecognizable, and story will be non existent. BUT, it has cool effects so if I have $10 to spare and a bag of popcorn on hand, I'd be willing to sit through it. Why? Because I'm an American. And this is the kind of crap that entertains us.

Comment

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
            Looks like Battle: Los Angeles meets Independence Day with a round of quidditch thrown in and Rihanna doing her best Michelle Rodriguez impersonation.

No doubt the script will be awful, cast will be unrecognizable, and story will be non existent. BUT, it has cool effects so if I have $10 to spare and a bag of popcorn on hand, I'd be willing to sit through it. Why? Because I'm an American. And this is the kind of crap that entertains us.
            Most of us....
            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I was thinking it's

Pearl Harbor - Japanese + Aliens + Battle: Los Angeles + Halo

Damn skippy!

Some of us love our simple minded stories, cartoon violence and snazzy SFX. If I want some heavy handed drama I can peek in the neighbors window.

I have the script floating around somewhere, now I'm tempted to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                Most of us....
                Ha.

Well I can't help it! Sometimes I just like to shut off my brain and watch mindlessness. Sometimes. Even I have my limits though, which is why I've yet to sit through a single entire Transformers flick.

Comment

And this is why Universal won't make AtMoM. *smh*

Comment

AtMoM
                    ??

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
                      ??

At the Mountains of Madness.

Comment

I think the BO of The Thing pretty much nailed the lid shut on that one.
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                          I think the BO of The Thing pretty much nailed the lid shut on that one.
                          Well, it was nailed shut way before "The Thing" came out. Also, I don't think "The Thing" should have much affect on Lovecraft + Del Torro + Cameron + 3D.

That's like saying "The Green Lantern" nailed the lid shut on the new "Superman".

Comment

So this sh!t, I mean movie wasn't filmed in 3d? Could be a decent movie to watch on blu ray on your big screen plasma with surround sound system.
                            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

That's like saying "The Green Lantern" nailed the lid shut on the new "Superman"
                              The Green Lantern is a superhero nobody cares about. It's not a big surprise it didn't do well.

Thor and Captain America did slightly better, probably due to The Avengers hype and Iron Man actually being a good movie.

At the Mountains of Madness is a risky flick. Del Toro wants a 150 million budget and it's unlikely to make more than 80 million domestically. The Thing didn't even make 20 million domestically.

Battleship could go either way, be the next Transformers or the next Battle: Los Angeles.

Comment

Working...
                              X