at least domestically.
    sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Re: Hunger Games Will Gross More Than Batman

Okay.

Comment

Are you sure this wasn't meant for the "My view of psychics" thread?

My spidey sense tells me it was...

Comment

Won't happen. Its demo is much narrower than Batman. Granted Batman was based off of a teenage male demo, just as Hunger Games is teen/pre-teen females, there's no way you're going to get males over 20 into this film (willingly), or many middle aged people.

It'll be like the Twilight series; huge opening weekend then a massive drop off because hard core fans can only take you so far.

Comment

I think it has wider crossover appeal than you think.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
            there's no way you're going to get males over 20 into this film (willingly), or many middle aged people.
            I'm a middle-aged male and I'm eager to see it, more eager than I've been to see anything else released in 2012 (so far). (Maybe I just don't understand what it's about -- am I supposed to not like it?)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Striver View Post
              I'm a middle-aged male and I'm eager to see it, more eager than I've been to see anything else released in 2012 (so far). (Maybe I just don't understand what it's about -- am I supposed to not like it?)

Its based off of a YA book with teenage female protagonists.

So, yes you're not supposed to like it. Or at least you're not this film's demographic.

Comment

I'm with the majority on this. No F'ing way.

The Dark Knight Rises will hit at least 300 million. The Dark Knight tapped out at 533 million domestic. The Avengers and The Amazing Spider Man might suck up peoples interest in seeing another superhero movie this summer but the man in black tights is still going to be huge.

The Twilight and Harry Potter franchises have been averaging around 280-300 million.

Here in the lab I'm projecting around 200 domestic for The Hunger Games.

Wrath of the Titans which is released a week later is going to steal the young male audience leaving The Hunger Games to survive on babysitter money and word of mouth.
                Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Just like only young children/Tweens saw Harry Potter.

Comment

Man, I hope HUNGER GAMES does do better than RISES. Ledger and Eckhart made TDK, which was otherwise overrated and overhyped. And the casting of Anne Hathaway still makes my teeth grind.
                    "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                    - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                      I think it has wider crossover appeal than you think.
                      I agree, considering the premise.
                      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Hilario113 View Post
                        Just like only young children/Tweens saw Harry Potter.
                        Or just like mostly teenaged girls (and their mothers) saw the Twilight films.

Comment

It's based off of a YA book with teenage female protagonists.
                          So, yes you're not supposed to like it. Or at least you're not this film's demographic.
                          But the trailer (and story) suggests something more sophisticated and darker than usual YA fare. I think that what will draw more older adults in, moreso than TWILIGHT.
                          "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                          -Maya Angelou

Comment

Or how only fantasy nerds went and saw LOTR.
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

You guys (most) are severely underrating "Hunger Games."

Its early tracking numbers are putting it WAY ahead of "Twilight." It already set some kind of record for quickest ticket sell-out on Fandango.

Twilight had an almost solely female audience, where as Hunger has been tracking a high male audience.

Also, the movie looks, you know...good! It is sitting at 88% right now on RT (obviously light years higher than any of the Twilight films).

Additionally, the budget (listed) was "only" 90 mill. So it very well could turn a higher profit.

Comment

Working...
                              X