This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
    Just to round this off ... If you need to contact TitanCreed, his website (which has his email) is: Four Star Notes. The page has a CONTACT link at the top of the page.

I have never used a script consultant. However, I have seen his work, and I think he does a good job at a reasonable price.
    I've used his service a few times. Really helpful, thoughtful coverage and reasonably priced.

Comment

Hello, everyone. It has been about a year since this thread saw activity, so I thought I’d hop in and provide an update. First and foremost: I am still providing notes. I am unable to offer queued notes, but everything else is the same.

The real update is regarding my involvement with NetworkISA.org. Back in 2020, I had just missed getting hired by a major agency due to the pandemic shutting everything down. (My last interview was “delayed for a few weeks, until this coronavirus thing blows over.”)

Since I was still looking for new forms of work, I applied to join the ISA as a reader. They hired me on the spot.

However, I was immediately very vocal about wanting clear guidelines in terms of procedure and ideology, and having suggestions for both. It turned out that they were looking for someone to oversee their Reading Team. In short, I was hired as a freelance reader on Friday and became an employee overseeing the Reading Team on Monday. I am now an executive there, heading up the Submissions Department. I am now able to help writers in ways I did not think possible.

One reason the ISA and I hit it off so quickly was because we were all dissatisfied with how notes were done across the industry. I had a set of standards I wanted to implement:
      • I would work closely with the readers so that they don’t feel like isolated freelancers.
      • Readers would receive regular training, team calls, analyses of their work, and even career assistance.
      • There would be an established ideology of criticism that all notes would need to follow.
      • All forms of problematic commentary often found in the industry​, from readers acting like writers to shallow commentary, would be banned.
      • I would personally read and edit every single set of notes before sending them out.
      • All writers would receive their notes via an email from me, so that they can receive direct support for any possible issue.

What is amazing is that they let me do all of that. There is even more that I’ve been able to do that I cannot talk about.

As the head of the Submissions Department, I oversee both feedback and contests, the latter of which I also overhauled in terms of ideology and procedure. We have had a lot of success. I can’t go into details, but people within the industry have started to notice our Reading Team. I am extremely proud of them. The ISA overall has a lot of other things going on, but I again don't want to jump their own announcements.

To sum all of this up: If you want notes from me, you can still get them via Four Star Notes. If you would like notes from one of the readers I’ve trained, please go look at the ISA. Finally, there will soon be a (rather expensive) service that the ISA will offer. It includes my Four Star Notes document, one call with me and an experienced producer who is also on the ISA staff, a second read, notes from that other team member, and finally a wrap-up call.​
      Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-29-2023, 03:37 PM. Reason: Fixed font styling to make more readble.

I am a critic first and a writer second.

I have a background in development and currently provide low-cost coverage.

More info here: www.FourStarNotes.com

Comment

Originally posted by TitanCreed View Post
        I am now an executive there, heading up the Submissions Department. I am now able to help writers in ways I did not think possible.
        Couldn't happen to a nicer person, Titan, congrats!
        Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-29-2023, 03:35 PM. Reason: Fixed coding

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, Figment. I am very grateful to be in this position.

Going into the holidays, I am able to take on new and returning clients. As always, my standard rate of $100 for a five-business day turnaround remains. In addition, I have been providing video consultations via the ISA. I would like to offer that service to writers as well. A full script read and phone consultation, to be a minimum of 60 minutes, is on offer for $100. If you would like both notes and the consultation call, there is a packed rate of $150.

I hope to update my website with more information soon.

The best way to contact me is via [email protected].

I am a critic first and a writer second.

I have a background in development and currently provide low-cost coverage.

More info here: www.FourStarNotes.com

Comment

Wow, Titan ... I just now saw your note from July 1, and then your post from yesterday. What wonderful news. I am delighted for you. 🙂

For all who might trust my opinion ... I have read the notes that Titan has provided to some of you. They were very good. I recommend him highly.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Working...
            X