• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I, Tonya

https://deadspin.com/how-much-sympat...rve-1822095036

Comment

How to properly price your product
      Which answers nothing of what I've put to you nor why you should avoid an excellent film and education in screenwriting.

Look, this is not a matter of martyring Harding. I'm just saying there's more to this than simple one-dimensional villainy, that her claim to not knowing of the attack has never been denied by those who do know and who have the most to gain from implicating her, and that she was punished far in excess - judicially and socially - of what was deserved.

I'm saying she was a lifelong victim of mental and physical abuse from the only two options she had: her mother and husband and your article states this was captured in two separate documentaries.

I'm saying that with all this in mind she deserves being approached with an open mind.

Interestingly, the article states: Asking how much blame Harding should bear for the attack on Kerrigan is different than asking whether, regardless of her complicity in the planning, she should be allowed to move on from this decades-old crime. Even if Harding was the mastermind of the whole thing, it’s been 24 years and she certainly has been punished. I don’t believe in life sentences for most crimes. This one is no exception'. Yet despite a solid reason as to why, you think otherwise. Yet despite no solid reason why, you choose to think otherwise.
      M.A.G.A.

Comment

The discussion is getting too far afield (and I am guilty of contributing to it as well). Let's stick to the movie rather than guilt or innocence or who should have won a medal 24 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
          The discussion is getting too far afield (and I am guilty of contributing to it as well). Let's stick to the movie rather than guilt or innocence or who should have won a medal 24 years ago.
          Agreed. Whether the film changes or emboldens your opinion, it's an excellent film and I liked the breaking of the 4th wall.
          M.A.G.A.

Comment

Just watched this. A good opening that builds and builds until the halfway point. I was totally enthralled by then. But it loses its footing, pacing, tone and goes overlong afterwards.

Regardless, this was a good movie. I just wish it had continued to focus on Tonya instead of on the "event." To be honest, the "event" was not as interesting as her story.

Comment

Working...
            X