Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Guard

The Old Guard (2020), starring Charlize Theron, is a Netflix Action/Fantasy movie and a fun ride. Check it out.
    “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Re: The Old Guard

It was good.

Saw it last night. Would make a great series. Kind of like Assassins meets 6 Underground without the big Michael Bay 25 minute car chase opening.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I actually read the comic book/graphic novel and met the artist at New York Comic Con 2019.
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Too much plot not enough heart. It was just going through the motions (paint-by-numbers). The fight scenes had no emotional content. "We need emotional content"--Bruce Lee. The way it was shot, lenses etc., it felt small and insignificant. Would have tanked badly on the big screen.

Comment

I only know 2 people who have seen it: both told me not to bother.

But, the ridiculously gorgeous Charlize Theron as an action star?
          She's certainly selecting her roles with intent! So I may check it out at some point.

Comment

Working...
          X