Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
cabbagewater
Regular

Default Company A

Looking for company A lead on last weeks inktip. My writing partner and I have probably spent close to 1k with Jerrol since he started. I asked Jerrol for the lead letting him know that I would re-up after X-Mas, which he usually sends it to me. Unfortunately there is a newbie answering his email and is too lazy to check my history with them. So if you have it I'm willing to send you $10 if you'd PM me with it. Just don't feel like dropping $50 until after the holidays.

best,

cabbage
cabbagewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Pasquali56

Default Re: Company A

Not an Inktip subscriber here and hope you get your lead. Just curious: with all the money you've spent there, have you had any positive things happen? I used to spend money on Inktip, but never had anything happen. Yes, I did have one producer option a script -- but he turned out to be a real flake.
Pasquali56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
cabbagewater
Regular

had about 4 or 5 options over the years that went nowhere. met a couple people that were interested and ended up being shady to say the least.

Met a producer through scriptblaster who is helping us get a script made. Hopefully know very soon if it's going to go. It has one actor who is a blast from the past attached and currently looking at a director that was A-list at one time (80's/90's). Waiting to hear if he's interested and if so, will this script get made before the grim reaper comes calling for him. That's my story of no success so far.

Last edited by cabbagewater : 11-22-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Storytell
Regular

Also spent a fair amount on InkTip with absolutely no success.
Storytell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
cabbagewater
Regular

I'm all set.

thanks,

cabbage
Old 12-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Aspirant

The problem with InkTip, in my opinion, is that they have very little quality control. I used it for a six-month period a couple of years ago because I got a free subscription for winning a contest. I Googled some of the people who downloaded my script and found that virtually all of them were absolute nobodies or shady-seeming characters. There was one guy who was just a struggling writer trying to sell his own stuff. I reported this to InkTip, and the response was basically that because the guy also called himself a producer, he was entitled to access. InkTip claims to vet all of their participating entertainment pros, but it appears either that's not true or it's so minimal that it's essentially meaningless. I would advise against using the service unless you've got a very low-budget / indie kind of script, you don't make the entire script available, and you feel like you've got nothing to lose. Otherwise, I don't see much value in it.
Aspirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Dennisss
User

Thanks for the tip, Aspirant!

In this day and age ... most of the scripts are so sh**ty and stupid and superficial. -- Melanie Griffith

Dennisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Aspirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisss View Post
Thanks for the tip, Aspirant!
You're welcome!
Aspirant is offline   Reply With Quote