Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imagine Impact X Netflix

Question 33 -- Have you ever killed a man?

Question 34 -- Did you enjoy it?

I'm starting to think this contest is trying to weed out the crazies...

Comment

Yes, and no. The Persian Gulf War, 1991.

Thanks for the memories. Later, dudes and dudettes.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Question 37: Do you follow up on your queries? If so, how often?

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
          Question 37: Do you follow up on your queries? If so, how often?
          Not unless they've requested the script to read. Then it's hit or miss.

I may never follow up, or I might after a month. If they're interested they'll let you know, if they're not, most often they won't. Some good managers do let you know. I just thank them and move on.

If I don't hear from them, I consider it a dead issue.
          Last edited by finalact4; 07-04-2020, 06:36 AM.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

A tweet threadd from a writer in Melbourne who is beyond mad at the wording of Imagine Impact's misleading tactics...

https://twitter.com/iabanon/status/1279578733679005696

here is the first tweet in her thread...

I am so ****ing angry right now. Many of us Aussie writers entered Imagine Impact accelerator programme this year in Melbourne. They stated that beginners could submit, but on seeing all the people who made it THEY ALL ALREADY HAVE ****ING CAREERS! Every single one.
            It's no different there. Disappointed writers believing they have a chance.
            Last edited by finalact4; 07-06-2020, 04:17 AM.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Ah, I just came here to post the above, saw that going around. A lot of people mad and saying that many of the Imagine competitions are just going to writers with 10-20 years experience.

Comment

Good luck to those that entered.

Comment

I didn't get my application in. Missed the deadline.

Comment

Did you guys get a confirmation email when you submitted? I can't find one in my inbox, nor did I get a rejection email, I'm beginning to fear my submission didn't go through at all.

If you got a confirmation email, do you know the subject line of it so I can search for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitri001 View Post
                      Did you guys get a confirmation email when you submitted? I can't find one in my inbox, nor did I get a rejection email, I'm beginning to fear my submission didn't go through at all.

If you got a confirmation email, do you know the subject line of it so I can search for it?
                      Dimitri, the confirmation email subject line was: Impact x Netflix: Application Received

It should've been in your inbox right after you submitted.

Sorry about your mishap. That application is a ton of work and time lost if it didn't go through. Ugh.

Comment

A couple people on Twitter noted that both the acknowledgement of the application and the rejection letters were found in their spam folder. Maybe look there?

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                          Dimitri, the confirmation email subject line was: Impact x Netflix: Application Received

It should've been in your inbox right after you submitted.

Sorry about your mishap. That application is a ton of work and time lost if it didn't go through. Ugh.
                          Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
                          A couple people on Twitter noted that both the acknowledgement of the application and the rejection letters were found in their spam folder. Maybe look there?

Thanks, guys!

I checked with that subject line and found nothing, neither in the inbox or the spam folder.

The confirmation email, had it gone to spam, would have been deleted by now (gmail deletes spam after 30 days), but the acknowledgment would still be there.

Someone on Reddit said that there's apparently a substantial number of ppl who didn't get the acknowledgment and that Impact have not been answering inquiries about it, so you're basically never gonna hear back. I sent them an email yesterday and they haven't responded yet.

Comment

Try reaching out to them on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/impactimagine/

Might take a few days to get a response, but they responded there in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitri001 View Post
                              Thanks, guys!

I checked with that subject line and found nothing, neither in the inbox or the spam folder.

The confirmation email, had it gone to spam, would have been deleted by now (gmail deletes spam after 30 days), but the acknowledgment would still be there.

Someone on Reddit said that there's apparently a substantial number of ppl who didn't get the acknowledgment and that Impact have not been answering inquiries about it, so you're basically never gonna hear back. I sent them an email yesterday and they haven't responded yet.

Are you repped? I wonder if the system automatically rejects unwrepped writers, meaning that they have not "received" the application and thus they do not send out a confirmation. Or if there is some other similar parameter.

I didn't get a confirmation/acknowledgment last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman View Post
                                Are you repped? I wonder if the system automatically rejects unwrepped writers, meaning that they have not "received" the application and thus they do not send out a confirmation. Or if there is some other similar parameter.

I didn't get a confirmation/acknowledgment last night.
                                They respond to every entry with a receipt confirmation email. If you don't receive one by the next day I would absolutely reach out to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X