No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Writer signs with WME after Scriptshadow Amateur Friday

Originally posted by The X-Writer View Post
    He said I'm still learning what producers do, so maybe, just maybe, he will end up learning that he needs to put much more efforts into it to earn that credit. Until he gets an undeserved producer credit for just finding a great script, can we stop trashing him on the internet for something he haven't done yet?
    If he really wanted to be a producer, he would launch a call for micro budget features which he could then review on the site, have readers pick their favorite, then, I don't know, actually PRODUCE it. It's not like he doesn't have a lot of followers (some with money given notes rates) which could help finance (who'd also hope that it'd succeed so that maybe they could have a shot of their own). Then he'd be a real producer and have actually done some good in the world instead of freeloading off the dreams and work of others (you know, like taking credit for an agent's signing).

But I guess ScriptShadow is no ScreenplayMechanic

Comment

Originally posted by The X-Writer View Post
      He said I'm still learning what producers do, so maybe, just maybe, he will end up learning that he needs to put much more efforts into it to earn that credit. Until he gets an undeserved producer credit for just finding a great script, can we stop trashing him on the internet for something he haven't done yet?
      Was I trashing him? I was responding to the fact that he said he wants to be a silent producer, not that he won't learn to be a real producer, but what he's suggesting, right now, at this moment, not the future, strikes me as naive.

Comment

Carson would be better off as a manager/producer...he has a pipeline to new material and if he finds a good one he can attach as producer and take it to an agent and let him sell it. That's the more natural progression for him...not jumping right into being a producer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
          Carson would be better off as a manager/producer...he has a pipeline to new material and if he finds a good one he can attach as producer and take it to an agent and let him sell it. That's the more natural progression for him...not jumping right into being a producer.
          But managing is soooooo haaaaaaard.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
            August and Mazin's thoughts on Scriptshadow on their new Scriptnotes Podcast.

Perfect timing.

If you're still unsure of how SS hurts screenwriters, check it out.
            Great listen. Agreed with every word. Pretty much puts this insane thread to bed.

And Craig Mazin's word on his word-of-the-day toilet paper the morning of the Podcast?- TANGENTIAL.

Comment

For me personally, I have a problem with in-development scripts. If they aren't finished, then what use are they to me to read in detail about they are/were handled?

Example, if a writer takes notes about how the client wants a character handled; but, it's not something the writer agrees with but does anyway, because... well, the client wants it that way...

Then let's say I bounce in and read the script to study and wrap my head around the process... well, by common sense reasoning, I'm studying a faulty process, right? It's akin to evaluating a car for transportation before the manufacturer installs the engine.

No thanks.

So the only value I can see in studying an unfinished script is to know what the film is in advance. A spoiler.

No thanks.

If I'm paying $17 bucks to see a movie, I want to view it with fresh eyes and enjoy the magic for the first time.
              Last edited by asjah8; 09-20-2012, 10:27 AM.
              life happens
              despite a few cracked pots-
              and random sunlight

Comment

Actually - I loved the script. Believe it or not, I'm the one who hooked Carson up with it after reading it on Zoetrope. I personally thought it had enough 'pop' to make a run. Way to go Nathan! Good luck!

kenglo

Comment

Way to go Nathan! Don't forget the little folks!

kenglo

Comment

Thanx for the heads up, Harbinger! It was a great listen indeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X