Am excited....please let the film live up to the trailer.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am excited....please let the film live up to the trailer.

The Conjuring.

Trailer 1 (hopefully works)

If not, here's an even freakier one.

There's about a babamillion trailers so if you watch them all there's no point watching the actual film.
    M.A.G.A.

Re: Am excited....please let the film live up to the trailer.

Looks like the same ol' sheiße I've been seeing every other month for the past couple of years. Seriously, when they tag a movie with "From the folks that brought you SAW and/or PARANORMAL ACTIVITY..." it's not a good sign. Same story, same tropes, just with a different cast.

Well, to me. I thought INSIDIOUS should have been called TEDIOUS, but have more than a few younger friends that thought it was good n' scary. Of course, they've generally never seen a horror film made before 2000.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Saw this trailer before Dead Man Down. Honestly, the scariest trailer I've ever seen. The clapping? Ugh... *shivers*

Comment

It manages to make whispering eerie as hell.

I just hope the rating doesn't include the letters P and G.
        M.A.G.A.

Comment

My friend, who sees a lot of horror and has fairly discerning taste, saw an advanced screening and said she loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
            Saw this trailer before Dead Man Down. Honestly, the scariest trailer I've ever seen. The clapping? Ugh... *shivers*
            recommend dmd?
            It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
              I just hope the rating doesn't include the letters P and G.
              When I saw those at the end of the Insidious trailer, my first thought was "PG-13...how insidious could it possibly be?

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                recommend dmd?
                I liked it. Ending didn't live up to the rest of the film, though. Colin Farrel and Noomi Rapace are pretty stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                  When I saw those at the end of the Insidious trailer, my first thought was "PG-13...how insidious could it possibly be?
                  To be fair, Poltergeist was rated PG. And believe me, the MPAA was a whole lot touchier back in 1982.
                  "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

But Plottergeist was Spielberg and 3 times he had the MPAA bent over with their pants round their ankles: Jaws, Polty and J Park. A man rips his face off in Polter, you won't see that in a PG-13 no matter how lax the censors are these days. That clown under the bed.....jeezus. That ghost dog guarding the bedroom. JoBeth Williams in just a sports top (but that's a positive).
                    M.A.G.A.

Comment

Hollywood's "True Story" And A Bit More

As usual, Hollywood moves the story's location, adds lots of creepy sounds and loud noises to jolt the audience, and goes overboard by adding bits of other stories, to spice it up for a frenzied audience experience.

It's nice to hear that the family involved in the "true story" are also involved with this film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yiL6IU5oZFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWUO...layer_embedded

If the trailers are a fairly faithful portrayal of the film, I'll wait for the DVD, as I prefer a lot less noise and will want some volume control.
                      JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                        To be fair, Poltergeist was rated PG. And believe me, the MPAA was a whole lot touchier back in 1982.
                        PG-13 didn't start until 1984.

Comment

Saw this at LAFF, and it was excellent. It is a masterfully-done scary movie.

It is not "Saw", despite being from James Wan. It is easily, easily on the level of "The Exorcist"

Comment

Originally posted by MoonHill View Post
                            Saw this at LAFF, and it was excellent. It is a masterfully-done scary movie.

It is not "Saw", despite being from James Wan. It is easily, easily on the level of "The Exorcist"
                            HIgh praise indeeed (even though I'm one of the few who don't rate that film.

I kept watching the trailer last night. Needless to say I slept with the light on.
                            M.A.G.A.

Comment

Saw a preview of this too... If you liked Insidious and Sinister then go see.

Comment

Working...
                              X