Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest: Turning someone's world upside down

How does it works? Can I submit a theme or a genre?

Mod edit: the contest did indeed run, the entries thread is here and the results thread is here.
    Last edited by dpaterso; 04-22-2018, 04:18 AM. Reason: thread links

Re: Up coming contests?

Sure, go ahead and suggest something, and call for a show of hands to see who might be interested.

Don't take it personally/don't be disappointed if you don't get enough participants though, it all depends who visits and takes a look here, and might be in the mood for another contest. Planets must align. Blood sacrifices must be made.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
      Sure, go ahead and suggest something, and call for a show of hands to see who might be interested.

Don't take it personally/don't be disappointed if you don't get enough participants though, it all depends who visits and takes a look here, and might be in the mood for another contest. Planets must align. Blood sacrifices must be made.
      Hey, I'm ALWAYS ready to make a jackass out of myself. Bring it on.
      "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Okay, so here's my proposition for the theme: Turning someone's world upside down. In 7-8 pages, any genre, end date: April 15th (an arbitrary day, but hey, why not - it gives a month to those who want to participate).

Comment

I'll give it a shot. Someone has to make everyone else look good around here.
          Free Script Reads and Notes

​
          ​

Comment

I'll try to write something. It should be good for ... and giggles.
            STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

A very practical question: how it all works? Receiving the scripts, putting them on-line and collecting votes? Are the moderators doing it?

Comment

How do you want it to go?

In recent/previous contests, we've asked entrants to export PDF and email them to me (because all programs and apps can export PDF easily, and they retain screenwriting format). I've stripped out the text and posted the entries anonymously.

It's no problem to do this again, but if you fancy doing the admin yourself, just shout.

Comment

How do you want it to go?

In recent/previous contests, we've asked entrants to export PDF and email them to me (because all programs and apps can export PDF easily, and they retain screenwriting format). I've stripped out the text and posted the entries anonymously.

It's no problem to do this again, but if you fancy doing the admin yourself, just shout.
                  If you don't mind doing it, I'll be delighted. I don't want anything to go wrong.
                  I was thinking of adding some kind of a prize: the winner will propose the theme for a new contest.

Comment

Re: Contest: Turning someone's world upside down

Yep yep can do will do.

Export your script as a PDF and send to dpaterson57 at gmail.com as usual, by end of day Sunday, April 15th.

Comment

Turning someone's world upside down.

The day taxes are due in the U.S..

Sounds ominous.
                      "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Rocket ships and big-ass levers! Archimedes was right!
                        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Yep yep can do will do.

Export your script as a PDF and send to dpaterson57 at gmail.com as usual, by end of day Sunday, April 15th.
                          Many thanks.

Comment

Script (singular) or up to three (as in the recent past)? At this point I don't know if I'll (personally) even have one, but ask for clarification.

(Maybe scriptus should decide?)
                            STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
                              Script (singular) or up to three (as in the recent past)? At this point I don't know if I'll (personally) even have one, but ask for clarification.

(Maybe scriptus should decide?)
                              Three, why not! The ultimate goal is to make us write and share our scripts.

Comment

Working...
                              X