This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Would you people please stop. I've been "using" the Screenplay Mechanic for a few years now and all you latecomers are making it harder and harder for those of us that realized how valuable he was a long time ago.

I view these thirty two pages of testimonials as a barrier to my own success. Go away!
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
    Dave Barry

Comment

After some of the recent discussion in other threads, I mentioned my coverage from Andrew in my most recent batch of queries and actually got the following response from a solid manager at a good management company:

Only because I like and trust Andrew….sure, send me a copy with contact info.
      I want to point out that I don't get Andrew's coverage for help getting reads -- and I don't think anyone else should look for this either.

I get coverage as a reality check and because, at least for me, none of my free readers or people I've traded reads with (other than a manager or producer who's optioned the script) have given me the same kind of professional perspective and criticism.
      Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

If all else fails there's always Script Miners
        It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
          Maybe best to clarify that last link is in fact a previously and resoundingly denounced joke of a service run by film-set hangers-on with zero cred in the world of actual Hollywood script development.

Comment

Kind of diffuses the joke though

Comment

I just got Andrew's notes on a treatment (5 days early BTW) and they are priceless. Some really great suggestions on how to move forward. All of my treatments are going his way in the future. He spotted stuff that would've surely ended up in the script.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Their mugshots are priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Karate View Post
                  Their mugshots are priceless.
                  They also advertise a psychic (who I believe is related to one of the readers) for a mere 20 bucks. I hace decided to for go the coverage route and just let the psychic tell me how and what to write.

Ewtaylor

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
                    I just got Andrew's notes on a treatment (5 days early BTW) and they are priceless. Some really great suggestions on how to move forward. All of my treatments are going his way in the future. He spotted stuff that would've surely ended up in the script.
                    Right with you on that one Hans...

Comment

Don't you dare hijack this thread back! We're talking about the ScriptMiners now.

Comment

That ScriptMiners website is just about the scariest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

ThinkingMan pose is amazing. I can feel subliminal telepathic pulse messages reaching into my wallet for my credit card...tingles!
                          Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Andrew, why have you been reluctant to adopt the 'Golden Nuggets' system?

Comment

Andrew, why have you been reluctant to adopt the 'Golden Nuggets' system?
                              Its bad enough some DD'ers scoff at the "Mechanic" theme of my business. I used to enjoy fixing up VWs in my spare time, and every generic web domain name for a coverage service was taken... so gimme a break...

As for Script Miners, that needs its own thread. In part, because I don't want this thread to veer off-topic (i.e. feedback, reviews) but also because Script Miners is begging for a dedicated thread.

Hans, Simon, as always, thanks for the kind words.
                              NOTES / COVERAGE
                              15,000+ Screenplays
                              [email protected]

Comment

how long waiting list do you have?

Comment

Working...
                                X