No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avengers 2 Trailer!

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
    I collected comic books (mostly an X-Men fan, I had some pretty cool stuff, my favorite issue was the Kitty Pryde Christmas issue, which I had signed by John Byrne--it was stolen, along with my entire collection.)
    Fvckers. And that was a great issue. (And I think that was Byrne's last?)

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
    When I was 12, my mom took me to a Star Trek convention in Downtown L.A.. Who do we see in the parking lot, yep, it's William Shatner, just fifty feet away. I freek out/geek out. My mother grabs my hand and pulls me over to meet him. He runs the other way to get away from his 12 year old fan and my mom curses him out in the lot for "being an ungrateful, selfish, ****ing prick!!!"
    Shatner's notorious for not doing anything without getting some greenbacks. I've got a special edition of Matheson's, "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", and it's signed by everyone involved with the different tv and filmed episodes from Twilight Zone...except for John Lithgow. I asked about that and apparently the publisher just never could get past Lithgow's publicist. The publisher mentioned that he almost didn't get Shatner's signature except by chance and Shatner would only sign the lettered editions AND he would only sign 23 or 24 (can't remember) of those unless the publisher gave him even more money.

It was an expensive book, by the way.

Comment

I thought the first one was highly overrated. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the light & fluffy tone, and thought the plot was rather formulaic with a weak villain (well, aside from Loki, which was stale by then). That said, this trailer looks quite a bit darker and really digging Spader as Ultron.

Comment

every one of these fluffy comic book movies start off with a dark trailer. but closer to the release date, show you more of the fluffy/joke side. Then you go in the movie and it's all mediocre jokes and explosions.

I don't know how some writers find these movies exciting, even after all these years. Like Geoff implied, movies like this don't get much blander.

Comment

F**k all y'all, I'm still excited. Still miffed that Stark creates Ultron but I can live with it. Hoping he manages some high profile kills, make the character the threat that he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tochirta View Post
            every one of these fluffy comic book movies start off with a dark trailer. but closer to the release date, show you more of the fluffy/joke side. Then you go in the movie and it's all mediocre jokes and explosions.

I don't know how some writers find these movies exciting, even after all these years. Like Geoff implied, movies like this don't get much blander.

Not really. Some comic book movies are much darker than others. For example, obviously DC takes a darker route with their properties than Marvel. Watchmen, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Superman (Snyder's), all quite dark. And the trailer for past Marvel films did not come across as dark at all. So in that regard, this trailer is a discernible departure for me. We'll see if any of that manifests itself in the finished film...

Comment

The Avengers' trailer was a bit dark.

Comment

The Marvel universe has some pretty weak villains compared to DC
                It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Is there going to be a second villain in the film?

One just isn't enough these days, especially when they're a ****ing robot
                  It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Seriously? Ultron is one of the best villains around.

Comment

Pray tell.

Comment

A genocidal, psychopath android with an oedipus complex that can't be killed. What's not to love?

Comment

I dunno - what can Ultron do, that Lore can't?

Comment

He can transfer his consciousness to any kind of AI. If you kill him he just moves elsewhere and builds himself a new body. If you crossed Lore with a Terminator you'd probably get Ultron.

Comment

Lore never did that but he may have been able to (Soong-type androids could at least transfer their memories; without the distraction of Star Fleet duties and ethics, it's believable that Lore could have found a way to transfer more). Of course, he can't appear in a Marvel movie.

I would watch a superhero-TNG crossover, though!

Comment

The X-Men crossed over with the original crew, can't remember if TNG did at any point.

Comment

Working...
                                X