Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicago Fire

Just an unused CFD number. But we love that it was also used in EMERGENCY.

Comment

Very good stuff. Really liked the chief & wayward kid relationship punctuated by the replace/can't save line.

And the car wreck scene. Awesome stuff.

And the podcast. Great device. Contrast and a little subtext to the visuals, in one fell swoop.

4 stars.
      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Man, that last ep was PACKED! You guys crammed a ton of story into 44 minutes, and it was really great story. The structure was very much like a Thanksgiving feast itself, and the podcast a brilliant device to really connect with the audience.

Holiday episodes tend to be forced, on the nose, or bottle episodes. This one felt genuine. It wasn't about the holiday, it was about the meaning behind it.

One of my favourite episodes of the season, for any show.
        Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Comment

Awww, now I'm blushing. We have a lot of fun making the show. Glad some of you are enjoying it.

Comment

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/20...s-anchors?lite

well played, Mr. Haas. well played

Comment

It is not the first time this type if thing has happened in other productions. The latest happened in Rescue Me where a neighbor called 911 because someone was screaming for help and the FD on the scene was not doing anything. Guess all the cameras, trailers and rest of the stuff was not a clue - besides all the notifications given. The real FD showed up and went away laughing.

Tried tracking the aircraft but the registration on the side is false.

Comment

If that had happened in LA everybody would have assumed it was a TV show first.
                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

@ Derek Haas. Say perhaps you can use some of WGN's footage - looks authentic.

Comment

I actually saw this...on the T.V. machine. Sorry the link has an ad (but at least the ad has a lovely Stanley Tucci V.O.):

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/wgn...ng-news_b71495

Comment

We're going to have some fun with that episode now. We're shooting some new footage to make fun of WGN.

Comment

@ Derek, Some pretty intense writing in these episodes. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Another question for Derek Haas
                          Did they really trash A61 (CFD Shop #CO50) in the Merry Christmas episode or was that a 'stunt double'?

Comment

I wasn't there that day but I believe that was the real deal. And thanks for the very nice words... glad viewers are catching on!

Comment

Yeah, I just caught the last ep this morning. Strong stuff. Great wtf ending.

Btw, it was classic having Zack Ward/Scot Farkas playing Casey's nemesis. Awesome!
                              #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

During the Christmas episode no less.

Comment

Working...
                                X