• Show
Clear All

Re: "For the love of _________"

No, it's not. At all.

Please stop talking like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mogo View Post
      Why are you insisting on the pause? You'd better have a good reason because readers hate scripts like that. They hate it because producers hate it because actors hate it.
      Don't agree with this.

Readers are paid to read scripts, every one of them wants to find the next movie for their boss-- at least that's what I believe-- and because of that simple fact, it won't matter to the reader if the script is executed well.

Write a great story!

Punctuation gives gravity to our sentences-- bringing life to our words.

Double dashes definitely feel like an interruption to me--

Elipses... well, feel as if a thought or idea hangs on... lingering for a while.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

FA4
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by mogo View Post
        Why are you insisting on the pause? You'd better have a good reason because readers hate scripts like that. They hate it because producers hate it because actors hate it.
        Actors?

They encounter scripts with pauses, dashes, ellipses, etc all the time in the theater, and in their acting classes. What they really want to know is what the author's intention is, and then they can choose to go with that, or go against it.
        If you really like it you can have the rights
        It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Working...
        X