Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jojo Rabbit

Holy ****! It's like Monty Python reincarnated and updated: https://youtu.be/tL4McUzXfFI

Re: Jojo Rabbit

I can't wait to see this one. It kind of has to walk that tightrope of being funny and not offensive. I noticed the audience reaction to the trailer was "Should we be laughing at this?"

Comment

Ok I was way less than convinced with the first trailer. This one now appears to be a "watcher".

In fact get into a theatre with the right audience 50/50 PC prudes and real people it might be doubly funny
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
        Holy ****! It's like Monty Python reincarnated and updated: https://youtu.be/tL4McUzXfFI
        NONONOONONONNNOOONONO NONO O NONO O O O ONO O ONONO O NO O O ONONONONONOONONONO O O ONO ONO O O O O O O O NONONONONONNONONONONONONONONONO O O O OONPNONNONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing this, too.

I'm just laughing thinking about how many modern-day Nazis and their fellow white supremacists gave the trailer downvotes. "How dare they show such hatred to us! Hating people is our job!"
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by Max Otto Schrenck View Post
            NONONOONONONNNOOONONO NONO O NONO O O O ONO O ONONO O NO O O ONONONONONOONONONO O O ONO ONO O O O O O O O NONONONONONNONONONONONONONONONO O O O OONPNONNONONONONONONONONONONONONO
            You know, after watching the trailer again, and then reading an interview with the director, I agree. There's a lot more soul in this movie.

Comment

The movie just snagged the Audience award at the Toronto Film Festival, beating out the very hot movie Joker.

Comment

Very happy to see JJR get a nod for Best Picture! Well deserved!

Comment

It's one of my favorite films of the year, if not the favorite.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised at how good this film is. I definitely was not expecting the heart wrenching gut punch to the feels though.

Highly recommend!

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
                      I was pleasantly surprised at how good this film is. I definitely was not expecting the heart wrenching gut punch to the feels though.

Highly recommend!

I think that's what I liked most about it. I was expecting the satire, but did not expect there to be so much heart. Absolutely one of my favorites.

Comment

This film was released 4 months ago and it looks like it's one the only ones among the ones released 4 months ago that's till around. I checked the seating and all the afternoon and evening shows were filled. I am glad it's doing well. Probably my favorite among the best pictures. It's well deserved. I thought the boy and teen girl should have also been nominated. They were the heart of the movie.

Comment

Saw this for the first time on a flight (tried twice to see it in local theaters, but it sold out). A mix of beautiful and disturbing themes woven into farcical, touching and devastating scenes. This film will haunt me for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
                            Saw this for the first time on a flight (tried twice to see it in local theaters, but it sold out). A mix of beautiful and disturbing themes woven into farcical, touching and devastating scenes. This film will haunt me for some time.

What did you think of the ending? I thought it was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                              What did you think of the ending? I thought it was perfect.
                              Agree!!! Tied in perfectly with earlier dialogue and action.

Comment

Working...
                              X