Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps we should to stop joking....

This forum is starting to become a little too much like Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories... were the bedtime story ends up happening.

It seems as though whenever we start to joke about what movie might be made or rebooted next... well, see for yourself...

Following the Candy Land: the Movie, starring... Adam Sandler! thread started by nathanq. Chakala posted on 02-03-2012, 05:44 AM.

Originally posted by Chakala View Post
    I got a Hungry, Hungry Hippos spec I wanna shop around... but then again, no.

Sheesh! What's Hollywood thinking?
    And then .... the sale in October:

Title: Hungry Hungry Hippos
    Logline: Hippos compete to eat the most food.
    Prod. Co: Emmett/Furla Films Hasbro Studios Envision Entertainment
    Genre: Family Adventure
    Logged: 10/4/2012

More: To be based on the 1978 Hasbro board game created under the Milton Bradley brand. Randall Emmett, George Furla and Brandon Grimes will produce. Envision Entertainment's Stepan Martisoyan & Remington Chase will co-finance.

And then....

On 09-27-2012, 07:15 PM I posted this in regards to the Bond vs. MI: cool **** thread started by Rantanplan.

Originally posted by 3brassbrads View Post
    A coolest spy thread cannot go without this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5LZmx9Vrg

if you have a new take on it I imagine it is only a matter of time until it gets a reboot. You should call Disney now.
    And now I happened on this this today...yes, a possible Condorman reboot. Really, I had no idea.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...oot-condorman/

The only logical explanation that we may have a mole on this forum... I am not pointing fingers but .... michaelb...come'on why else would a well-respected, manager like Michael hang around here to answer ridiculous questions again, again, and again.

(Okay, for those of you that sometimes see something like that as serious, though I can't understand how -- it is a joke. Michael is awesome and does great works here.)

If anything though a Hungry Hungry Hippo sale and a Condorman reboot should encourage everyone to finish their current spec script. Even more than the current uptick in spec sale; one can only imagine that this may, in fact, be a better indicator that the studios are more than hungry for new material!

The only way to really test this hypothesis though is to for somebody to post an idea for a truly, truly outrageous movie...and then we will just wait and see. Any takers?
    Get busy writin' or get busy dyin'.
    http://www.kiva.org/team/hollywood

Re: Perhaps we should to stop joking....

Connect 4. Boom, you're welcome Hollywood.

Comment

This was in the pipeline for a looooong time. More to come, too.

Comment

Tic-Tac-Motha****in-Toe. One of the four games Hasbro doesn't own, and a star vehicle for Samuel L Jackson.
        "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Scrabble 2: The Triple Word Illusion

Comment

There's only one logical conclusion to this trend of board game films: a Chess movie.

The white king and queen will be played by Viggo Mortensen and Cate Blanchett. The roles of the black king and queen will be given to Samuel L. Jackson and Rihanna.

The rooks will be played by towering giants from the WWE: The Undertaker, Kane, The Rock and John Cena.

The bishops will be older, wiser-looking actors: Ian Holm, Ian McKellen, Chrostopher Lee and Morgan Freeman.

The knights will be bankable hunks: Chris Hemsworth, Channing Tatum, Matt Damon and Hugh Jackman.

And lastly, the hordes of mindless pawns will be played by CGI clones of Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner.

The plot will unfold like the board game: each character will gradually kill off their opposing white/black identity, leaving the two remaining kings to battle it out.

Mortensen and Jackson will duel for over an hour in a heart-pounding (endlessly side-stepping) sword fight until, like the game, they shake hands and agree to a stalemate.

BRAVO HOLLYWOOD... BRAVO.
            I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Tic-Tac-Motha****in-Toe. One of the four games Hasbro doesn't own, and a star vehicle for Samuel L Jackson.
              I think War Games covered that pretty well.

How about "Sorry!", and it's not allowed to be done by Canadians.
              Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Comment

I would watch a movie based on Chess.
                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Why stop at board games? I can envision a whole tentpole empire built on scripts based on candy bars. They lend themselves to remarkably diverse genres and loglines (please forgive off-the-cuff, unpolished loglines below:

Mars (Sci-Fi/Action)
                  Logline: A stoned technician with a serious case of the munchies inadvertendly leaves his DNA on a crumb of a Mars Bar that finds its way to Mars on the "Curiosty" rover and mixes with microbes found in the ice crystals to form a high-cholesterol intelligent life form.

Almond's Joy (Drama)
                  Logline: Growing up as an orphan in the Bronx, Almond knew only sorrow and pain but a chance at a scholarship could change everything for her if only she can escape the candy drug Lords which rule her turf.

Butterfinger (Heist/Action/Horror)
                  Logline: When a clumsy thief who's addicted to Butterfingers receives the wrong anasthesia in a dentist's office, he overhears a conversation between the dentist and the CEO of Nestle's about a conspiracy between candy makers and dentists and must find a way to tell America about this on the evening news...unless the dentist takes out all his teeth.

Ho-Ho (Um...Something "R" rated).
                  Real-time edit:
                  The Last Ho-Ho in Paris (Adult/Apocalyptic)
                  Logline: In the ashes of a post-apocalyptic Paris, former lovers who live on opposite sides of the Seine will use every seductive trick in the book to obtain the last Ho-Ho in Paris.

(Yes, I know...I really need a life. Back to writing now...)

Comment

Originally posted by 3brassbrads View Post
                    This forum is starting to become a little too much like Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories... were the bedtime story ends up happening.

It seems as though whenever we start to joke about what movie might be made or rebooted next... well, see for yourself...

Following the Candy Land: the Movie, starring... Adam Sandler! thread started by nathanq. Chakala posted on 02-03-2012, 05:44 AM.

And then .... the sale in October:

Title: Hungry Hungry Hippos
                    Logline: Hippos compete to eat the most food.
                    Prod. Co: Emmett/Furla Films Hasbro Studios Envision Entertainment
                    Genre: Family Adventure
                    Logged: 10/4/2012

More: To be based on the 1978 Hasbro board game created under the Milton Bradley brand. Randall Emmett, George Furla and Brandon Grimes will produce. Envision Entertainment's Stepan Martisoyan & Remington Chase will co-finance.

And then....

On 09-27-2012, 07:15 PM I posted this in regards to the Bond vs. MI: cool **** thread started by Rantanplan.

And now I happened on this this today...yes, a possible Condorman reboot. Really, I had no idea.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...oot-condorman/

The only logical explanation that we may have a mole on this forum... I am not pointing fingers but .... michaelb...come'on why else would a well-respected, manager like Michael hang around here to answer ridiculous questions again, again, and again.

(Okay, for those of you that sometimes see something like that as serious, though I can't understand how -- it is a joke. Michael is awesome and does great works here.)

If anything though a Hungry Hungry Hippo sale and a Condorman reboot should encourage everyone to finish their current spec script. Even more than the current uptick in spec sale; one can only imagine that this may, in fact, be a better indicator that the studios are more than hungry for new material!

The only way to really test this hypothesis though is to for somebody to post an idea for a truly, truly outrageous movie...and then we will just wait and see. Any takers?
                    My plan is working...
                    twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Paper-Scissor-Rock is public domain, right?

Comment

Nobody's done a live action Charlie Brown yet.

How about Banana Splits?

A Lancelot Link using human actors and the same SFX as the Planet of the Apes remake. Bill Martell should pitch that.
                        If you really like it you can have the rights
                        It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
                          Paper-Scissor-Rock is public domain, right?
                          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1121964/

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

Working...
                          X