No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fatal Flaw?

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
    At the script stage on PIRATES the chick was the protagonist and all three of the men were equals. After casting, that changed.

Casting can change the intent of a story. I have a Script Tip on the movie BASIC - the script had a female lead with a male secondary character who helps her. They cast Travolta as the secondary character and Connie Neilson as the lead... and that turned Travolta into the lead... except his character can not be the lead if the story is going to work. She didn't even make the poster! It ruined the film. Now, you can look at that film and "decide" that Travolta was the lead and she was the protagonist - but that's not how it was at the script stage.

- Bill
    umm - you just said the film was ruined and you suggest people go see it?! aren't we sure that it was only switched b/c travolta wanted to be the lead... and he had the name?

Comment

• Re: Fatal Flaw?

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
      umm - you just said the film was ruined and you suggest people go see it?! aren't we sure that it was only switched b/c travolta wanted to be the lead... and he had the name?
      What?? It's amazing that one post can be so right and so wrong at the same time.

I haven't read any of the previous threads, and I'm not even sure what the topic of this thread is about, but even I understood what Bill was saying.

HH

Comment

Working...
      X