Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congratulations to jtwg50!

Great work, mate! I'll echo ComicBent in the hope that you'll stick around the forums as I've found your posts incredibly informative. All the best with the project!

Comment

I'm kind of new here, so I'm not exactly familiar with jtwg50, but it's always great to hear about a writer breaking through. Congratulations.

Comment

Thanks Rhodi -- I never realized I had so many "friends" here -- and yes, I'll absolutely stick around! Thanks again.

Comment

Well done dude. Hopefully the first of many to come
          Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Congrats, and I hope you parlay this into writing for studios. They're not doomed, and that's where the real money is... so don't take your eye off them!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
              Great work, mate! I'll echo ComicBent in the hope that you'll stick around the forums as I've found your posts incredibly informative. All the best with the project!
              Yeah. Don't forget us.

Congrats!

Comment

RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Now that I have gotten a congratulatory response from Craig Mazin -- the Godfather himself -- I feel that I have ascended to the mountaintop and can go no further, given the immutable laws of physics and Hollywood mythology. Being the realist that I am, I am going back to my job at Walmart -- happily this time. The dream has been fully realized. God bless America.

Comment

Damn, I was eyeing that Walmart job...

Congrats on your success..

Comment

What better way to start my crappy Monday than to read something like this?

Well done J...Very well done indeed!!

Midnite

Comment

Also late to the party but congratulations! Must be even more exciting than some deals, with this you definitely know it's going to get made. Best of luck

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

For us younger writers (in craft, not in life, sad face) these threads are so inspiring. Huge congrats! Good to know it happens.

It sounds like you'd gone out with another script based on comments here. Did you try and make sure you had a few good scripts before seeking out representation/producers? I kind of gleaned, based on what I've read, that new writers are smart to wait until they have 3-4 incredible scripts before putting their name out there. This way you're prepared if they ask about other projects and you're more certain about what your own version of "incredible" looks like.

Is this what you did?

Comment

Major Congratulations. Major.

Excellent game plan to have multiple scripts ready for market in different genres. It gives producers, studios a better understanding of a writer's ability.

This proves the proverbial question --- What else do you have? When a writer can deliver another script, it is so, so important.

This is what happened to me with Paramount. A request for one script, then a request for a second and then a third. This got me referrals and a whisker away from a sale on script number two. But not quite. The genres were: two comedies and one Sci-Fi Thriller.

In your case, jtwg50 - you struck gold.

Then your agent knew what to do. Good, no, great agenting.

Way to go.

Comment

That's great man, congrats! Looking forward to hearing the details when available.

Comment

Yesssssss!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Working...
                                X