Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is 'lowest' amount script will sell for

is it at least six figures? ... in premiere mag, they listed the WGA price for a feature ... which was high 90s or low 100s ... it has to at least start at that, CORRECT?

A DDer has one on eBay (UK) for 8.5 pounds right now.

Comment

www.wga.org/minimums/

Should answer your question... For a non-WGA script, there are no minimums.

--Kenn

www.kennhoekstra.com

Comment

I know a guy who had his script optioned by a European production co for 1 euro.

They didn't produce it after hanging onto it for about 18 months. I don't think they were looking at paying much at all.

Comment

WGA minimum is lower than six figures.

And like somebody already said -- if it's not WGA, there is no basement. You could sell it for a negative amount -- you could actually pay people to take your script off your hands.

Comment

Mike White was never paid for Chuck and Buck.

Comment

I believe WGA min is $32,747...

And as others have said, on non-WGA deals the earth's core is the limit! I'm sure there are people who have paid to have their scripts made (I may have even seen an advert about some company that will film you script for a reasonable price).

Also, if you think about it, probably 99% of all indie films are deals where you pay to get your script made. Kevin Smith sold his comic book collection to get CLERKS made.

And most scripts don't sell. So, if you are counting chickens before they hatch, factor in that only a very small % of scripts ever sell for anything at all. Most just collect dust on screenwriter's shelves.

- Bill (shelves and shelves of unsold scripts)

Comment

I hate reality checks. :\

Comment

Every check you get for writing will always be a reality check. It's never as much as you think it'll be, and it never comes when you think it'll come. And, as the Coen Bros. said in Raising Arizona: The gov'ment do take a bite, don't she?

Comment

Way off topic, but your sig cracked me up, refried.

And to be on topic, the lowest a script will sell for is nothing.

Comment

Good rule of thumb...

Whatever the sales figure is... Say the WGA minimum of $32K.

Figure to take home 40% of that after federal, state taxes (depending on your state), agent's commission, lawyer's fees, guild fees.

:hat

Comment

Working...
                      X