X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UTA reaches agreement with WGA

I guess I'm late on the game on most of this

are the big pros and cons[?]:

Pro: big agencies can get you more money because the over-all budget is larger, but the content needs a large commercial appeal

Con: Writers are employed as write-4-hire and don't have a stake in the development or creation, so they don't own the material they write. This also keeps spec writers from getting sales, because a ProCo would rather not have to share profits with screenwriters... and especially with New Media, there's less money to go around?

I assume WGA comes in because writers are making less money and WGA is becoming much less relevant in the process?
    Ricky Slade: Listen to me, I intentionally make this gun look that way because I am smart.

Comment

CAA bloodbath today for employees. I think we down to about 1000 people who make any money in Hollywood. We should all be plumbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        CAA bloodbath today for employees. I think we down to about 1000 people who make any money in Hollywood. We should all be plumbers.
        Hmm. The beginning of your post references a bloodbath, and the last part of your post references plumbers. Verry interestingk.

Becoming a plumber wouldn’t put a drain on my creative writing energies.
        Last edited by Clint Hill; 07-31-2020, 04:08 AM.
        “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Working...
        X