Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeler

This is an odd G rated film I saw on Prime Video, and ended up liking it more than I thought I would. It's about singer/songwriter from Texas, who goes to Nashville to see if he can make it.

Written by: Stephen Dorff and Ryan Ross
    Directed by: Ryan Ross
    Stephen Dorff acted the lead character -- Wheeler.

The rest of the main characters are acted by themselves being themselves, including Kris Kristofferson (small part) and Jim Ed Norman (bigger part), who is head of Curb Records and various singers, songwriters and musicians.

It had flaws, obviously low budget and record company executives, singers, songwriters and musicians aren't necessarily actors, but for the most part, they were there to be who they are in real life. Things also came a little (OK, a lot) too easy for him as his career took off.

What impressed me most is that Stephen Dorff can actually write songs and sing. All the songs in this movie were at least co-wrtten by him and he sang almost all of them -- and they were pretty catchy. (Although I wouldn't say they were typical country songs. They kind of covered for that in the movie.)

Anyway, if you're looking for something different you might want to check it out.
    "I just couldn't live in a world without me."
Working...
X