Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entourage

I just subscribed to HBO. I know I'm about 8 years later here, but holy crap -- what a great show! Say what you will about the characters -- yes, they're pretty obnoxious -- but the writing is PHENOMENAL.

Re: Entourage

Wait till the last few seasons, it was on auto pilot.
    Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningWorld View Post
      Wait till the last few seasons, it was on auto pilot.
      Seriously. The formula of uhoh-things-might-go-bad-oh-wait-everything-worked-out-wonderfully-at-the-last-moment-for-no-reason-other-than-our-lives-are-awesome got old.

Comment

Originally posted by crs24 View Post
        Seriously. The formula of uhoh-things-might-go-bad-oh-wait-everything-worked-out-wonderfully-at-the-last-moment-for-no-reason-other-than-our-lives-are-awesome got old.
        Haha... yeah, I can already see that pattern. The Jimmy Kimmel thing. Finding the pot and the pot leading to the deal with the big producer...

Comment

I'm just now getting into the show. Totally hooked. The funny thing is though... I can't stand Vince. He has to be the more bland, boring, unlikable "lead" in ages. And Adrian Grenier? I don't think it's possible for someone to phone in a performance any more than he does. It's like he just went to work sleepy every day and did nothing more than plan himself.

Mostly I'm just enjoying the characters of Ari, E, and Shauna. They really are the best part of the show, and Johnny at times can be enjoyable as well in all his misfortune and aloofness. As for Turtle, he's kind of an annoying throwaway character. But yeah overall I'm just so bored by anything Vince-related. I think it was just bad casting, mostly.

I mean, Johnny is a complete doofus, but you still like him and root for him. Turtle is annoying as hell but you feel sorry for him sometimes. Ari is the biggest douchebag on the planet but you can't stop watching and enjoying him. Shauna is hardcore to the point of almost being a b*tch, but she's still fun as hell. Everyone on the show has their obvious negatives (with the possible exception of the altruistic to a fault E), and still enjoyable. But Vince, gah. I just can't stand him. I'm at the end of Season 2 right now and I'm almost tempted to fast forward through his scenes. :/

Comment

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
            I'm just now getting into the show. Totally hooked. The funny thing is though... I can't stand Vince. He has to be the more bland, boring, unlikable "lead" in ages. And Adrian Grenier? I don't think it's possible for someone to phone in a performance any more than he does. It's like he just went to work sleepy every day and did nothing more than plan himself.

Mostly I'm just enjoying the characters of Ari, E, and Shauna. They really are the best part of the show, and Johnny at times can be enjoyable as well in all his misfortune and aloofness. As for Turtle, he's kind of an annoying throwaway character. But yeah overall I'm just so bored by anything Vince-related. I think it was just bad casting, mostly.

I mean, Johnny is a complete doofus, but you still like him and root for him. Turtle is annoying as hell but you feel sorry for him sometimes. Ari is the biggest douchebag on the planet but you can't stop watching and enjoying him. Shauna is hardcore to the point of almost being a b*tch, but she's still fun as hell. Everyone on the show has their obvious negatives (with the possible exception of the altruistic to a fault E), and still enjoyable. But Vince, gah. I just can't stand him. I'm at the end of Season 2 right now and I'm almost tempted to fast forward through his scenes. :/
            I agree about Vince. I could be wrong by I think they set it up this way on purpose because the show isn't about him but his entourage. Hence the name of the show...

Comment

Quit after season 5 is over. Season 6 is a travesty. Season 7 was a decent rebound, but then season 8 will leave you hating everything.

2 & 3 were fantastic, though.

Comment

Well everything everybody does is around and related to Vince, so I just wish they'd made him a more interesting and likable character.

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                  Quit after season 5 is over. Season 6 is a travesty. Season 7 was a decent rebound, but then season 8 will leave you hating everything.

2 & 3 were fantastic, though.
                  I always thought they should have made the season five finale a 60 minuter and end with that. That would have been a good note to end the series with.

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
                    I always thought they should have made the season five finale a 60 minuter and end with that. That would have been a good note to end the series with.
                    Yeah, but why end a TV series on a high when you can ground out a few seasons too many?!

Looks like Californication is going to do exactly the same - Season 6 was dreadful.

Maybe 5 seasons is TV's natural cutting off point. Kudos to Breaking Bad...

Comment

Working...
                    X