Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Shadow inside gen please

Though I never frequented the place, Script Shadow was an ever-present in amateur circles. I didn't pay much attention - faceless wannabe reviews other amateurs and pulls them up for not following all those noobie myths ('we see') until there was an almighty hullabaloo a few years ago.

Then I heard snippets here and there - such as Carson not being his real name and isn't a Hollywood insider, that he burned his bridges with the industry somehow etc. Lots of juicy gossip.

And so I'd like to finally be brought up to speed. PM me if you or the admins don't wanna discuss in public. Thanks.
    Last edited by SundownInRetreat; 01-11-2018, 02:21 PM.
    M.A.G.A.

Re: Script Shadow inside gen please

I frequent the site and your second sentence pretty much summarizes it. I only go to the site for the community there and access to a lot of scripts to read. It's handy in that way and to see what others view as strengths and weaknesses in said projects. With that said he has increased his connections/exposure of late with a couple new/small prod co's partnering with him. In addition an Amateur of the Week winning project got signed at a major agency recently, so I would say he has some, limited, connections.

However, I would not encourage anyone to pay him for services. From what I have seen of his reviews of scripts and feedback he's given folks I believe he dramatically overprices his services due to 1 or 2 success stories over the years.

Just my 2 cents.
    Eric
    www.scriptreadguaranteed.com

Comment

His real name is Christopher Eads. Here's an older article about him. I ignore the guy. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/mo...nd-critic.html

Comment

i wouldn't care about whether he was an "insider" or all of that b.s. if i thought he actually knew the first thing about screenwriting or analyzing scripts.

(read his reviews and you quickly realize he doesn't)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
          i wouldn't care about whether he was an "insider" or all of that b.s. if i thought he actually knew the first thing about screenwriting or analyzing scripts.

(read his reviews and you quickly realize he doesn't)
          That's been my takeaway too from the odd time I dipped my toes into the water over there (usually by clicking a link that took me there). I can't remember how, but I recall reading him tearing into Robotard's Balls Out because it had 'it's a scene, man' in the action - he just couldn't understand the voice of the writer and was like: 'well of course it's a scene - it's in a film'. Then came out all the screenwriting myths and I knew then and there that he was clueless.

Lostfootage, thanks for the info. Harbak, I'm not looking for his services, I'm just curious
          M.A.G.A.

Comment

Before Script Shadow, he posted here a lot and ran a little contest where he'd post pages so you could guess whether it was a pro writer or amateur. I guess we encouraged his perception of his own taste a little much.

Comment

I visited the site a few times. Is he able to get the scripts before they go into production somehow? His reviews seem to indicate so.

Originally posted by harbak View Post
              I frequent the site and your second sentence pretty much summarizes it. I only go to the site for the community there and access to a lot of scripts to read. It's handy in that way and to see what others view as strengths and weaknesses in said projects. With that said he has increased his connections/exposure of late with a couple new/small prod co's partnering with him. In addition an Amateur of the Week winning project got signed at a major agency recently, so I would say he has some, limited, connections.

However, I would not encourage anyone to pay him for services. From what I have seen of his reviews of scripts and feedback he's given folks I believe he dramatically overprices his services due to 1 or 2 success stories over the years.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Yeah, that was one of his sketchier aspects, like Harry Knowles. Posting unpolished, early drafts of stuff people didn't want out there.

Comment

I can't imagine that being too good for films with heavy spoilers. And no guarantee which draft was reviewed. Sounds like a whole world of legal trouble too.

Originally posted by carcar View Post
                  Yeah, that was one of his sketchier aspects, like Harry Knowles. Posting unpolished, early drafts of stuff people didn't want out there.

Comment

Originally posted by carcar View Post
                    OMG, I hadn't thought about Knowles in forever. I feel like the last time I saw him was a cameo in The Faculty or some such...
                    - - - - - - -
                    Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

Working...
                    X