The Full Captain America Trailer Hits......

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Full Captain America Trailer Hits......

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75527

First thought after seeing the trailer was just that it's okay. I'm kinda burned out by superhero movies but know they aren't going away anytime soon.

Undecided if I'll see this in the theater or not...
    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Re: The Full Captain America Trailer Hits......

I liked it. I think it's going to work, we'll see. It looks like it feels a bit different than Iron Man in tone, which makes me excited. Not as homogenized as I anticipated.

Comment

Looks like good cheesy fun. But Joe Johnston makes bad movies, so ... we'll see. I really wish they hadn't released all that earlier dreck. At least this trailer has some semblance of a story and a narrative arc.

Cap shooting a gun just looks so wrong though.
      "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
      - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
        Looks like good cheesy fun. But Joe Johnston makes bad movies, so ... we'll see. I really wish they hadn't released all that earlier dreck. At least this trailer has some semblance of a story and a narrative arc.

Cap shooting a gun just looks so wrong though.

Nah. Cap with a gun isn't that bad. Hopefully, this will remove the stench of the 1990 crap-sack (The Red Skull's Italian? Rubber ears?).
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

War time Cap (golden Age) used a gun often enough. Makes sense the movie set in the same era would have Cap using a gun as well.
          If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
          Dave Barry

Comment

meh. seen one, seen'em all at this point. Looks better than thor, i'll give it that.

Comment

Looks like good wholesome, cheesy fun.

I'm in.

Comment

I think it looks fantastic. I love the modern Frank Capra look. Hits of Norman Rockwell and Edward Hopper abound. I'm glad that they are spending so much time -- looks like the entire first act -- with Steve before he becomes Cap. And Joe Johnston isn't as bad of a director as he is made out to be. Hone I Shrunk the Kids and Jumanji are insanely watchable while the Rocketeer and Wolfman are criminally underrated.

Comment

Yeah, I thought Joe Johnston was a terrific choice when I first heard it. His experience with period films is a plus, and he's not just a strong action director obsessed with flashy visual. OCTOBER SKY shows his chops at crafting a restrained drama in an entertaining way that's never flashy when it shouldn't be.

Comment

this guy directed rocketeer? i LOVED that movie.

i think this will be watchable, certainly better then thor.

i'll rent it for a dollar.

Comment

Looking awesome! Didn't realize it was a CGI Chris Evans on the skinny body until I looked more closely. Ditto on ROCKETEER! Loved that movie!

Comment

New trailer....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78964

I'm warming up to it a bit more, looks like it could be fun... love the TOOL song they used.
                        "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

Looks like fun. I'll watch it.
                          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I'm there.

Comment

1 Adult. Unless I have a date. Then it would be 2 Adults.

Unless she pays for her ticket.

But seeing Captain America, I'd think as a guy, I'd feel inclined to pay.
                              Last edited by Ire; 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM.
                              #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Working...
                              X