Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
    Thanks! If anyone would like to see the review, I'm happy to post it here. Of the three scripts I've done on the BL, this is the first review I can honestly say I'm pleased with. Yes, I could quibble with some points, but overall, I can't complain. This script is a visual feast for a director with vision---someone like Gutzon Borglum, for whom Mt. Rushmore became an obsession and a labor of love. The guy died basically penniless---much of his estate had to be sold to pay off debts incurred while he toiled on Mt. Rushmore. And his family doesn't get a dime from it. It's really a fascinating story, given his upbringing in a strict Mormon family.
    Way to go, Limama!
    “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Good morning, folks.

Congratulations to anyone who has received something useful and/or career-mobilizing during this contest/fellowship season.

I've entered the Blacklist's year-long competition against myself once more, with a draft that responds to feedback received from both earlier Blackllst submissions as well as the sets of Nicholl memos made available this year.

If you find the logline for my psychological drama to be of interest, please have a look. It previously had scored an 8 for dialogue and an 8 for character.

CLAY TOMMY: A young, troubled man, whose delusions of grandeur and social position have allowed him to craft a hermetically-sealed imaginary world in which he is literally the best at everything there has ever been, is exploited by a local art dealer into creating priceless pottery after discovering that the boy is, unwittingly, the best there will ever be at one thing.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/32800

Thanks!
      Last edited by JEgol71; 08-30-2015, 04:12 AM. Reason: Logline addition

Comment

I just submitted a pilot to the Black List and got an overall score of 7. After I finish this rewrite, I'll consider rating other scripts. I just have one question. How do I do it? Some of the script links in this thread no longer work and I can't click on some of the others.

My pilot: https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/32465
        Nobody's perfect.

Comment

The script I just posted received all 7s (with the exception of an 8 for character), with a warm review I've made public.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/32800

Please consider reading or rating it. I'd be happy to provide feedback for any DDPro members.

Thank you!

Prospects:
          This is a very powerful coming-of-age story that would very likely attract A-list talent looking for challenging but fulfilling roles. The plot, themes, visual nature and social commentary present in the script give it strong commercial viability and critical potential.

Comment

Hi all, seems like a cool idea... While I wait for my review on the blklst for this script, I'm open for any reviews. If the log line intrigues you, I'd love some feedback.

Btw... The log line is something I have been working on with other members from this same forum, so anyone who reads the script is welcome to help with that as well.

Thanks in advanced.

"A family man"
            Horror/mystery/crime thriller
            104 pages

Feeling his loved ones slipping away, an emotionally-unstable surgeon develops a macabre method of "adopting" local townspeople as his surrogate family. How long can he play fantasy before the local authorities uncover his crimes?

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/33835

"We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
            SUBTITLED
            Episode 1 (Beef pills)
            Episode 2 (African commercial)
            Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

Working...
            X