No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Page

Originally posted by PAGE Awards View Post
    Ah, no, sorry if my phrasing was confusing there. They don't all sit in a room and debate. The "disagreement" I referred to was in the scores and comments they submit to us on their scorecards, where they expressed some big differences of opinion about certain scripts. With each of the judges who read the Semi-Finalists, on average, 3-4 of their top 10 favorites ended up being cut because other judges disagreed or favored other scripts.

This always happens, but it just seems like there were more extreme differences of opinion this year. I chalk it up to an improvement in the overall quality of entries we're receiving these days -- which is a credit to all of you guys!

Hope that helps clarify?

Cheers,
    Jen
    Yes, thanks for letting us in on the process---which, is one of the of the things I really appreciate about your organization. How many scripts does each judge read in the semi final and final rounds? I didn't realize they read enough to have a top 10.... I assumed they read maybe a few, since they are busy reps.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
      Yes, thanks for letting us in on the process---which, is one of the of the things I really appreciate about your organization. How many scripts does each judge read in the semi final and final rounds? I didn't realize they read enough to have a top 10.... I assumed they read maybe a few, since they are busy reps.
      No, in the Semi-Final Round the judges commit to reviewing all of the scripts in a certain category. Same thing with the Final Round. That way we have a consistent point of view and a consistent judging scale on all the screenplays in that genre, so we can better determine which scripts should move forward and win.

The judges are busy, yes, but they like reading our Semi-Finalists and Finalists because they want a first look at these scripts. Most of the people who judge for us end up discovering one or two projects they'd like to option or writers they're interested in representing in the mix. And because the scripts have already been vetted for them through the first three or four rounds of competition, they only have to read 25 scripts or 10 scripts to find something they love, while in most cases they have to review 100+ scripts in order to discover a really great project. So at the end of the day, it's actually a time-saver for them.

Cheers,
      Jen

Comment

Originally posted by PAGE Awards View Post
        No, in the Semi-Final Round the judges commit to reviewing all of the scripts in a certain category. Same thing with the Final Round. That way we have a consistent point of view and a consistent judging scale on all the screenplays in that genre, so we can better determine which scripts should move forward and win.

The judges are busy, yes, but they like reading our Semi-Finalists and Finalists because they want a first look at these scripts. Most of the people who judge for us end up discovering one or two projects they'd like to option or writers they're interested in representing in the mix. And because the scripts have already been vetted for them through the first three or four rounds of competition, they only have to read 25 scripts or 10 scripts to find something they love, while in most cases they have to review 100+ scripts in order to discover a really great project. So at the end of the day, it's actually a time-saver for them.

Cheers,
        Jen
        It's strangely reassuring that the judges each read all of the semi finalists and finalists. Definitely makes it uniform and fair. Leaves out uneven results that might happen if different judges read only a partial portion of the scripts. That was a super fascinating read on the process. Thanks Jen!

Comment

Working...
        X