No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horror title help

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
    I've got a possession script currently titled Beyond the Realms of Death ('cause the protag dies before being resuscitated, returning to life with a demon that slowly possesses him). The problem is I find the title pretentiously gothic and wordy.

My preferred title, The Uninvited, has been used way too many times Flatline is too close to Flatliners and Stephen King selfishly beat me to The Dead Zone so the only runner I've got is The Unwanted - what do you think of it? Have you any alternatives?
    There's a trend in short one-word titles lately:

Seen
    It
    Crawl

Without knowing more about your story, it could be one way to go. e.g.

The
    In
    Was

Comment

D E M O N I Z E D

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
      I've got a possession script currently titled Beyond the Realms of Death
      "Realms" plural? Hmm... curious.
      Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
      "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

How about Lazarus Redux.

Since Lazarus came back from the dead, and since redux means "brought back, revived," the title would not imply the story is about the fortunate saint; rather, it is analogous to his unusual experience. Lazarus revived could figuratively describe a new take on "death and return."

This might not play well with Millennials (or younger) as they might not know who Lazarus was. Or what redux means. (Let's be honest, if the 20-something phone Zombies are your target audience, you could call the film "Dumb and Dumber" and they wouldn't know the difference.)

If your target market is educated people over 40 then you must admit, the title has some merit (logically, if not aesthetically).

Will
        Last edited by Joseph "Maiingan" Braun; 04-23-2020, 05:47 PM. Reason: typos
        "Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December; And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor--"

Comment

Working...
        X