Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on new management

A year ago a pilot I wrote was optioned by Anonymous Content. I was paid and hip pocketed by them. Although I had a nice run of meetings with CAA and Amazon, the pilot did not get picked up. A few questions.
    1. How do I go about trying to get repped by them even though my show wasn't sold. 2. How do I use this experience (along with working at Sony with the same show and coming in the finals round at both Austin Film Fest and Nicholl fellowship) to get management representation elsewhere?

Re: Advice on new management

It sounds like all you've got is a dead-in-the-water pilot.

It might be revived one day, but right now you need to write something else that will attract representation.

Have you asked AC if they've un-hip-pocketed you, or if they're willing to look at other things you've written? If the latter, that's your best route. Approach whatever manager you've worked with there -- with whom you've developed a rapport -- and ask what they'd like to see (within your wheelhouse).

Did you make contacts at Sony where you can pitch other material? That's another route.

Otherwise, write, write, write and query, query, query (just like everybody else).

Practically everyone on this board has had a near miss... or three or a couple hundred. You just don't want to stand at the side of the road like you're waiting for a bus to come along and pick you up. Write more.

It sounds like you've got the chops to write stuff that will attract representation.

Comment

What Dayjob said. Get a new piece of material ready.
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

If you have good relationships with those that you met (CAA/Amazon) then ask those development/producers who they recommend for management and ask if they can introduce you that way/refer you that way.

Nothing hurts to ask and what is the worst that can happen?

EJ

Comment

I learned the hard way that it's always about the material and rep isn't as important until you have that great project. I'm sure others have had other experiences, but to me every project I wrote that went out and go going I did w/o a rep, then when it was ready a rep took it out to sell.

My point -- you don't need to be repped until you have a new project to go out with. Or if AC is done showing it around, you can use the pilot to find a new rep.

Comment

Working...
          X