Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disaster Artist

Was lucky enough to catch a preview of this tonight. Funniest film I've seen in a long time, James Franco was fantastic as Tommy Wiseau and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's seen 'The Room' or even just caught a few clips of it.

Re: The Disaster Artist

Well, the original made me laugh so hard. The Room, unintentionally, was just very funny. I still can't get over the line "I did NOT. Oh, hi mark!" His other funny line "Anyway, how's your sex life?" LOL.

I hope they had an aftermath thing where the real Tommy Wisseau mixes with the crew.

Comment

I'd hate to think I have to watch The Room to appreciate this.
      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
        Oh but you must watch The Room.

I've heard, for what it's worth, the film is still good without having done so. But why wouldn't you watch The Room? IT'S THE BEST.

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
          Oh but you must watch The Room.

I've heard, for what it's worth, the film is still good without having done so. But why wouldn't you watch The Room? IT'S THE BEST.
          The Room is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
            The Room is hilarious.

What kind of money!?

Comment

so, so, so incredibly stoked to watch this.

Comment

It was great. Very faithful to the book, though they changed the motivation/perspective of Greg (Mark) a bit to be more movie friendly.

Comment

It's funny enough, all right, especially for movie business aficionados. If you haven't seen it, go to a matinée showing for a lower ticket price.

STAY TO THE VERY END OF CREDITS. Otherwise, you'll miss one of the best parts of the entire flicker (a little trick to separate moviegoers from movie lovers).
                  Last edited by Clint Hill; 01-08-2018, 06:37 PM.
                  “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

I'm keen to check this out, have been to a Room screening with Tommy and Greg and it was a blast so this looks interesting.

Comment

It couldn't hurt. The movie was based on Sistero's book, not the film itself, which was a smart move. Franco even discussed that spoofing the Room would have been a disaster (no pun intended).

I generally found it enjoyable overall, being in the film production world myself. But I have friends who read the book before watching the movie and hated it.

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X