No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save The Cat Strikes Back (Book 3)

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
    Keep it, but add pictures of puppies and kittens in the margins so that the people who don't want to use that chapter still get something out of it.

Maybe some boobs as well.
    For somebody who is supposedly educated that was one of the dumbest posts of yours Karma I've ever read on here!

Keep smoking the crack!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
      For somebody who is supposedly educated that was one of the dumbest posts of yours Karma I've ever read on here!

Keep smoking the crack!
      I think if you look through my previous posts, you'll find many much more dumber posts than that one.

But I understand my error. Not everybody likes both puppies and kittens. Some people only like one or the other.
      "Only nothing is impossible."
      - Grant Morrison

Comment

I think if you look through my previous posts, you'll find many much more dumber posts than that one.

But I understand my error. Not everybody likes both puppies and kittens. Some people only like one or the other.
        Your not only dumb but you have the misfortune of being Scotish as well..

And there's nothing we English like better than having a Scotsman for breakfast..

So anytime you wanna meet up just let me know.. I'll travel anywhere - you name it..

Comment

Brit fight! Brit fight!

And when all is said and done, both will enjoy a pint of Tactical Nuclear Penguin, on the winner -- aka the guy who smashed the other's face into an unrecognizable pulp.

You're all bloody nuts, but we love you. How could we not?

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
            I'm revising my book now, and am getting ready to throw out a whole chapter that had page numbers. Mentioned this to a guy who bought the book ages ago, and he said that was the chapter he most often rereads and uses. Now I'm confused. Cut it or keep it? Or rewrite it without the numbers? I'm damned no matter what I do.

Maybe I should come up with some damned formula?

- Bill
            I know I like the guidelines. I don't force my story to meet exact page count, but I like being in the -ish neighbourhood. I've found that it prevents me from coming up short and going over too long. I'm a chatty "creative" type and if I don't lay down a structure, I'll just wander off on tangents here, there and everywhere. I find that having markers, such as page numbers, keep me in a general focussed direction and give the story a much stronger overall structure.

Many people feel trapped in structure, and that's fine. But for me, I find that it forces me to be even more creative. It sounds ridiculously corny to say, but I liken it to building a house. The foundation will go at the bottom, the roof on top, there will be four walls, a door, but I can still make it the most original house possible while respecting that. I can make my house round, but I'll still have the roof on top, the foundation on the bottom and a door.

So, imo, I'd keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
              Your not only dumb but you have the misfortune of being Scotish as well..

And there's nothing we English like better than having a Scotsman for breakfast..

So anytime you wanna meet up just let me know.. I'll travel anywhere - you name it..
              Very well. I will meet you at the village of Brigadoon on February 30th of next year. As the challenged, I nominate deep fried Mars Bars as our weapons.

Harvey the rabbit with be my second.
              "Only nothing is impossible."
              - Grant Morrison

Comment

Very well. I will meet you at the village of Brigadoon on February 30th of next year. As the challenged, I nominate deep fried Mars Bars as our weapons.

Harvey the rabbit with be my second.
                Your on!

I suppose I'll have to get the first round in seeing I called you out!

The first one to vomit loses..

I can drink 10 pints and after that I'm pished...

Comment

I have to say I did find his first book useful. I used his beat sheet for a book adaptation commission and, ironically, a non-linear Memento-like script. I used his software for the latter, it helped me structure the different storylines and I bought the updated version when I was in LA recently. That non-linear script now has a producer and is out to talent.

I ignore all that stuff about page numbers but the general STC beat sheet concept has helped me. I was about to by the 3rd book but skimming through it looked a bit like a re-hash but that may have been an unfair judgement. At least he actually sold a number of scripts which is more than you can say for other authors.
                  Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
                  Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

Working...
                  X