Spec Market Strategies: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spec Market Strategies: IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Jesus. You are a lucky bastard.

lol. You make your own luck. And that starts by writing a fvckin'-A script.

Comment

Wow, Goose, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing. You answered questions I never even thought to ask.

nice.
      You don't ask, you don't get! - Don Carmody

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
        Start another thread that I can school you in, Farns...and even better I'll try to get goose to give his take, too. I refuse to soil this thread, though, with a debate this board has heard countless times over.
        I don't know about you guys...but I think I got goose-bumps. (no pun intended)
        Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Farnsworth View Post
          And I take issue with those who say that this debate has reached a dead-end. It has not. Debates are ended by the moderators, who, for some inexlpicable reason, abhor controversies that generate huge viewer participation. It's like owning a business where custormers are driven off.
          Less a dead end. More a circular motion. We lock them up when we get dizzy.
          sigpic

Website
          Tweets
          Book

Comment

Originally posted by nic.h View Post
            Less a dead end. More a circular motion. We lock them up when we get dizzy.
            Probably stems from weak comprehension capactiy.

An argument is circular when it introduces no new steps, and I can identify levels of the debate that certainly introduced new ideas or implications, both by myself and by the other posters.

But you still have not responded to the econcomic question. Viewers fatten the thread count precisely because of a heated debate, which is often cut short for no logical reason when new highs are reached.

The other reason that a debate might appear circular is due to weak comprehension skills of the reader, who is unable to follow and therefore profit from apprehension. No fault of the debate itself.

Comment

Probably stems from weak comprehension capactiy. The other reason that a debate might appear circular is due to weak comprehension skills of the reader, who is unable to follow and therefore profit from apprehension. No fault of the debate itself.
              Aren't you a sweetie. Thanks for the clarification. Those weak comprehension skills are the bain of my existence.
              sigpic

Website
              Tweets
              Book

Comment

Probably stems from weak comprehension capactiy.

An argument is circular when it introduces no new steps, and I can identify levels of the debate that certainly introduced new ideas or implications, both by myself and by the other posters.

But you still have not responded to the econcomic question. Viewers fatten the thread count precisely because of a heated debate, which is often cut short for no logical reason when new highs are reached.

The other reason that a debate might appear circular is due to weak comprehension skills of the reader, who is unable to follow and therefore profit from apprehension. No fault of the debate itself.
                Why do your first and fourth paragraphs make the exact same point with the same language, and yet you introduce the fourth paragraph by saying "the other reason"?

Also, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "apprehension," and it's not just a misspelling, like "capactiy."

This is very poor writing. Please rewrite this attack for two more years for free, and then maybe we'll choose to be insulted.

Comment

lol.
                  You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

Originally posted by nic.h View Post
                    Aren't you a sweetie. Thanks for the clarification. Those weak comprehension skills are the bain of my existence.
                    Awesome!

nic is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
                      Why do your first and fourth paragraphs make the exact same point with the same language, and yet you introduce the fourth paragraph by saying "the other reason"?

Also, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "apprehension," and it's not just a misspelling, like "capactiy."

This is very poor writing. Please rewrite this attack for two more years for free, and then maybe we'll choose to be insulted.
                      Because, Jeff, I was mocking the circular argument with a circular argument.

Sorry for the misspellings. I usually edit better, but I think that circular argument thing has got me running around in cir-- Well, you know.

Comment

i shouldn't point this out, but i can't help myself. farns, you don't know enough to know, you don't even know.

you think what you're saying is the same thing, however, in practicality it's not. the very fact that you are comparing your situation to goose's is like saying... and think very hard about this...

that since you are playing football in your backyard with your dad and you caught a couple passes it means that you can catch a couple passes in the nfl.

you can't make that leap of faith because there are SO many factors that DO NOT come into play when you use yourself as the example.

you are for the most part poorly informed or informed plenty, without the noggin' to put the puzzle together.

you can buy the box, open it and dump out the pieces, but putting the puzzle together isn't happening.

hear this -- YOU ARE NOT PUTTING THE PUZZLE TOGETHER no matter how many times you dump it out of the box.
                        You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

Because, Jeff, I was mocking the circular argument with a circular argument.

Sorry for the misspellings. I usually edit better, but I think that circular argument thing has got me running around in cir-- Well, you know.
                          I think this condition is referred to as Pre-circular Argument Derangement Syndrome...PADS.

Often diagnosed in male adults who show symptoms of irritability, water retention, swelling of the prostate and breasts, manic depressive behavior and DENIAL.

Sir, you have PADS!

Seek medical attention immediately!

Run, dammit!

umo

Comment

I couldn't understand why everytime I said Farnsworth's name my German Shepherds yelped. Then I remembered Frau Blucher and the horses from Young Frankenstein...
                            "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

OK all. Just a gentle reminder here to play the ball and not the man. (To quote my favourite sport, Australian Football.)

That is, debate the subject, not the poster.

Back to Spec Market Strategies...
                              sigpic

Website
                              Tweets
                              Book

Comment

Originally posted by THEUGLYDUCKLING View Post
                                lol.
                                I'm with Vig.
                                twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Working...
                                X