Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fox NYTVF Sitcom Pilot Contest 2013

I'm just sitting here refreshing my inbox with my phone nearby...

Today will not be a productive day for me lol

Comment

Anyone hear anything yet?

Comment

Nada...

Comment

I'd like to remain optimistic about it. No email from them (good or bad), and twitter is strangely quiet. I think if someone found out they were a finalist, they would have announced it by now

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
            I'd like to remain optimistic about it. No email from them (good or bad), and twitter is strangely quiet. I think if someone found out they were a finalist, they would have announced it by now
            In past years, finalists were asked not to publicly announce their status. But then, in past years, all entrants received an email of some kind.

"On or near" announcement dates are so frustrating.

Someone here on DDP (duh, I just remembered, lache) was a finalist last year, perhaps she can weigh in on whether she was informed via phone call or email and when she was contacted.

I'm always pessimistic, so I'm going to assume I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
              In past years, finalists were asked not to publicly announce their status. But then, in past years, all entrants received an email of some kind.

"On or near" announcement dates are so frustrating.

Someone here on DDP (duh, I just remembered, lache) was a finalist last year, perhaps she can weigh in on whether she was informed via phone call or email and when she was contacted.

I'm always pessimistic, so I'm going to assume I'm out.
              I was informed via phone and also told not make announcements. I think they wanted eveybody to sign the release form before publishing the finalists.

Comment

Originally posted by lache View Post
                I was informed via phone and also told not make announcements. I think they wanted eveybody to sign the release form before publishing the finalists.
                So probably the winners were told by phone yesterday, and they are just waiting for the paperwork to come back before emailing the other entrants.

Comment

So probably the winners were told by phone yesterday, and they are just waiting for the paperwork to come back before emailing the other entrants.

Likely. I guess i didnt make it this year. But theres always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by lache View Post
                    Likely. I guess i didnt make it this year. But theres always next year.
                    Yeah, it's hard not to keep entering a free contest. Last year, I didn't know what the hell I was doing (even though I thought I did.) This year, I thought I had a really strong pilot.

But, you just never know, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RTrevino
                      Ah...come on, lache. Don't throw in the towel just yet. The year you made the finals, did they call you on the notification date they posted to the site? Or was it a day or two after?
                      Last year I wasn't even paying attention to notifications/dates so it caught me by surprise when they called me. All I remember is that it was around 7:40 east coast time (im on the west). And i made the finals with "Growing Up Morales" a script, which I believe is not as good as the one I entered with this year but you know how it is -- this is a subjective medium.

Comment

Yeah, it's hard not to keep entering a free contest. Last year, I didn't know what the hell I was doing (even though I thought I did.) This year, I thought I had a really strong pilot.

But, you just never know, I guess.
                        Liking a script is pretty much like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Not sure if the date was updated recently, but this was just announced on NYTVF's twitter:

"The Fox Comedy Script finalists will be announced the week of August 19th!"

https://twitter.com/nytvf/status/364819902768480256

I don't remember seeing that date before

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                            Not sure if the date was updated recently, but this was just announced on NYTVF's twitter:

"The Fox Comedy Script finalists will be announced the week of August 19th!"

https://twitter.com/nytvf/status/364819902768480256

I don't remember seeing that date before
                            yep -- they had Oct as a date, so it was changed. Much earlier this year, so they must have their group already.

Comment

Last year, all the entrants got an email saying "we're still deciding blah blah" with an announcement date a couple weeks after the notification date listed in the rules. But the finalists had already been notified. And we had this same discussion on the boards. "We could still be in the running!" No, we're not.

I looked up the thread - lache posted that she had been called on the day notifications were supposed to go out. Later that day, a bunch of us got emails saying they were still deciding. So we're out.

Comment

Originally posted by RTrevino
                                I don't think that's the case here. Seems they're running behind picking finalists. The WINNER is announced in Oct. at the festival, but according to the fine print, the 25 FINALISTS should have been determined by Aug. 5th. They just recently (today actually, I think, because I've been checking the site obsessively) pushed it to on or about Aug. 19.

It would seem we're all still in the running, at least officially.
                                Oh! So it"s even better news. What about the actual announcement of the finalists? Could they be talking about that?

Comment

Working...
                                X