Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VPF Virtual Pitch Fest anyone?

I've actually made quite a few really good ongoing connections and relationships with established producers through VPF. While they didn't sign up for the first script I sent them on my first pitch to them through VPF, they liked it enough to let me keep pitching them things outside of VPF, and in a few cases it has eventually led to options and meetings. That said, most of the time, especially if you have an IMBDPro subscription ($20 a month, I think), the contact info. for the pros they have is already out there on the web somewhere and as such you don't need to pay $10 to contact them.

Comment

Re: VPF Virtual Pitch Fest anyone?

Just a heads up, because not everybody tracks these things (or cares), but today VPF has some good pricing:

5 pitches for $50 + 2 free
      10 for $90 + 3 free
      25 for $189 + 5 free

Not bad deals, for those with some discretionary income, though I sure don't. That, and the fact my low Cdn dollar makes even the 5+2 pitches a lofty $68.75 USD. When we were at par about 5 years ago it was another thing altogether, when I'd spring for them about once a year.

But read the various VPF threads for cautions. The main ones, from my p.o.v. (and extensive experience in year's past), is to not get excited and blow them all at once, and to research their "Pro" list both on their stated "needs" and genres, and on who's actually going to review the pitch (check them on LinkedIn). But, the list does include some distinctly "no unsolicited" folks (eg. Alcon) that I've never been able to get anything through to without getting the nasty "legal" letter in response.

Buy the pitches now, then use them over the weeks or months to come.

Comment

Working...
      X